Wait Until Next Year

Sash will be the guy that I think will step up and be more vocal. McNutt is a VERY quiet guy. He's a great "lead by example" guy, but being vocal just doesn't seem to be in his personality. A-Rob seems that way too, though I could see him being more vocal.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Morris takes a big step up as a leader, either.

I would add Mike Daniels to that list from what I've read he is not a dude to be mess with. Also, from watching him play this year he seems to have a good motor. Haven't heard anything negative about his work ethic, so I think he could take on a leadership role.

Sash will be the guy that I think will step up and be more vocal. McNutt is a VERY quiet guy. He's a great "lead by example" guy, but being vocal just doesn't seem to be in his personality. A-Rob seems that way too, though I could see him being more vocal.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Morris takes a big step up as a leader, either.

It worries me a little that we have a shortage of vocal leaders,,, not that I would expect an entire team of vocal leaders. We may have had a shortage of guys this year who were both respected and feared. It seems like the same may be true next year.

It worries me a little that we have a shortage of vocal leaders,,, not that I would expect an entire team of vocal leaders. We may have had a shortage of guys this year who were both respected and feared. It seems like the same may be true next year.

I'd reserve judgement on that just yet. Like I said, I definitely think Sash can fill one of those spots. A-Rob has been pretty quiet, but I think a lot of that had to do with being a sophomore. As an upperclassman, I think he could get more vocal. trj mentioned Daniels as well (I think that might be a good choice, as he won't be deferring to 3 senior starters in his own unit).

What about the O-Line? Is there anyone there that has a Gallery-like attitude for leadership?

The best thing JVB can do is ignore KOK's attempts to "instruct" him and instead just throw it like he know it. Preferably to McNutt.

I don't want to end up like my Mother. She was a "wait till next year" Cubs fan. Sadly, she ran out of next years and the Cubs never did make it. I would love to see Iowa win the Big 10 outright, and maybe even the National Championship. But, I am not sure how many more "wait till next years" I have left in me. So, I will take what I can get, but this year was bad.

I don't want to end up like my Mother. She was a "wait till next year" Cubs fan. Sadly, she ran out of next years and the Cubs never did make it. I would love to see Iowa win the Big 10 outright, and maybe even the National Championship. But, I am not sure how many more "wait till next years" I have left in me. So, I will take what I can get, but this year was bad.

You apparently didn't read the OP. It was essentially: "If you think we were conservative THIS year, just wait and see how bad it gets NEXT year."

I hope with you brother. I think with the fire power we had this year and the results I HOPE next year will bring change. I like Vandythemandy.

lets not glorify or idolize any players from this point moving forward, Just like Iowa as a whole, our players play their best while they are flying under the radar as individuals-- unless your last name is Greene or Johnson-Koulianos. and you could even make the argument that greene WAS flying under the radar in '08. DJK is truly a great "PTP-er" or as he coined the phrase M.P.O.D. As bad as he has ruffled KF's feathers - he may be the last true ELITE player at a skill position other than RB for Iowa.

Latest posts