Wait, Did the Big 12 Just Save College Football from Itself?

Posts like this simply amuse me. The Big 12 has been the best league in the country so far. Losing A&M would probably, maybe drop us down to two. It is a good football league, aside from Kansas at least.

As to your last paragraph - what is your solution? Revenue sharing in Tier 1 and Tier 2 is likely going to happen as a result of all this. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about the LHN and Texas' ability to earn tier 3 money. It is what it is.

Posts like this simply amuse me. Calling your conference the best three weeks into the season...who has the B12 beaten that makes this so?

Jon you seem so giddy at the idea of an implosion....you do realize that could mean many job losses for your fellow Iowans?

Best conference so far. That can easily change. But to call this league "half a league" with or without A&M is ridiculous.

Again, what is the solution from all the brainiacs here? Kick Texas out of the league? You no longer have a viable league here.

I understand you have a great thing going in the Big 10. That is undeniable. It's not that way in other conferences and ultimately Texas can market itself very, very well and make a lot of money doing so. The Big 12's options are: Hang with Texas and OU and make hay when you get the chance. We just saw OU get slapped down by the PAC because it makes no sense to add them without Tejas.

In a world where 22 million people lived in Kansas it would be viable to kick Texas out. In the real world it makes no sense.

Best conference so far. That can easily change. But to call this league "half a league" with or without A&M is ridiculous.

Again, what is the solution from all the brainiacs here? Kick Texas out of the league? You no longer have a viable league here.

I understand you have a great thing going in the Big 10. That is undeniable. It's not that way in other conferences and ultimately Texas can market itself very, very well and make a lot of money doing so. The Big 12's options are: Hang with Texas and OU and make hay when you get the chance. We just saw OU get slapped down by the PAC because it makes no sense to add them without Tejas.

In a world where 22 million people lived in Kansas it would be viable to kick Texas out. In the real world it makes no sense.

At this point, Texas does not want to be independent, and no other conference will take them. So at the very least, they should be willing to sign the 6 year deal that will keep the conference together for now. If I were the Big 12 I would take whatever Big East teams they could and then work hard over the next several years to develop a network for everyone else in the conference. With that said, without Texas being a part of that network, I'm not sure anyone could build a strong financial case for it. Bottom line is right now, there needs to be some binding contract soon or we will be forced to live through this garbage again someday soon.

Posts like this simply amuse me. The Big 12 has been the best league in the country so far. Losing A&M would probably, maybe drop us down to two. It is a good football league, aside from Kansas at least.

As to your last paragraph - what is your solution? Revenue sharing in Tier 1 and Tier 2 is likely going to happen as a result of all this. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about the LHN and Texas' ability to earn tier 3 money. It is what it is.

He was talking about football success historically, and he is absolutely correct. I don't know what the first 3 games of this season has to do with anything. Conference realignment is not a short-sighted venture.

I don't want 16 team leagues. I am not rooting for the B12 to collapse. That being said watching that league has been full of over the top unintended comedy.

Bryce, do you really have a viable league with Texas? Yes, Texas adds luster and panache, but for every positive it seems to brings two negatives. Let me ask it another way, Is the Big 12 a better football conference than the ACC without Texas? I think you can make a case that it is. Maybe not every year, but most years.

Can you make the conference more attractive without Texas? You can a couple ways. Foremost it becomes more attractive by the removal of Texas. But secondly you look for four schools in the eastern time zone to increase the interest from other areas of the country. My point is address the strategic problems faced by the Big 12. Don't look short term.

Yes you do! The B12 has already lost 3 members because of Texas and all the Big Ten has to do is pick up the phone and Mizzou would be gone. The league still has Oklahoma so it would keep its AQ status. You go create an equal revenue for all members, go out and get TCU, and possibly BYU or Houston and the league could survive without Texas. Texas wants to be in a, if the Big 12 presidents would threaten this kind of action you might be surprised at how quickly they changed their tune. Texas found out nobody wants them. I would wonder if TAMU came back to the Big 12 if the conference did this.

Latest posts