Wagner at the 3

If you get 1 major contributor per class that ain’t as bad as you are making it out to be. Don’t get me wrong it ain’t great, but it isn’t a total waste. Baer is good, and Moss could potentially be really good.

Going 1 or 2 out of 10 in recruiting is really bad but you already know that.

Tight end. Wide receiver. Either works for me.
I second this opinion and have for a couple years now... The guy is a tweener in hoops. He's not big enough for the 4 spot or skilled enough for the 3. But could have been making a big time impact on the football field... If that isn't Iowa's luck all the way around I don't know what is.

Going 1 or 2 out of 10 in recruiting is really bad but you already know that.

Not all guys are gonna be starters. Baer, Moss, combined with two hits in the next class (Cook and Bohannon) and then 2 in the next class (Garza and Nunge) then another hit the following year (Weiskamp) then another two hits in ‘19 ( Carton, Patrick)

That is all you need. You sprinkle in role players/contributors like Ellingson, Pemsl, Kreiner, Kreiner, etc, and you are set.

Not all guys are gonna be starters. Baer, Moss, combined with two hits in the next class (Cook and Bohannon) and then 2 in the next class (Garza and Nunge) then another hit the following year (Weiskamp) then another two hits in ‘19 ( Carton, Patrick)

That is all you need. You sprinkle in role players/contributors like Ellingson, Pemsl, Kreiner, Kreiner, etc, and you are set.

Like I said getting 2 hits out of that many scholarships is really bad and you know that. Must have missed when we got Carton too. I actually think he'll end up playing for Gard.

You think this is actually two awesome recruiting classes haha.

2014 - Uhl, Ellingson, Dickerson, Baer
2015 - Hutton, Moss, Fleming, Wagner, Williams, and Jones

Not at all what I said. How could you even take what I said to mean that? I said it's awesome that they've been replaced and are not still on the roster.

It would be bad if those guys remained... like... Uhl has. That's a miss. If they leave and we recruit a better player over them and come out better because of it, it's not. Also, you gotta have roll players, not every player can be a star.

If you're able to recruit over misses with better players, how is that bad? Yeah, you would rather hit on them at first, but it's not like your stuck with that guy. Guys that don't cut it have a uncanny way of leaving the program.

Wagner starting at the 3, or ever playing that position, is a terrible coaching decision. However, I'll give Fran the benefit of the doubt that Baer would be starting there if he weren't hurt.
If that doesn't end up being the case, the decision is unforgivable. The roster doesn't make sense and Fran's fault. Too many post players, as if it's the 70's. We have zero guard depth.