W_A_A_Y TOO EARLY BRACKETOLOGY

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
Well w/ 2 very winable gms up next, we could move to a 7 seed and with a little help with losses from teams ranked higher than us, move to a 6 or 5. Hanging on to that is a different matter.

New Lunardi Bracketology out today: We are projected to move up to a #7 seed and moved to the West bracket, first 2 gms would be in Salt Lake City. Our #10 opponent would likely be the Univ. of Washington. Next gm, if we won, would likely be #2 Gonzaga, provided they beat #16 Grand Canyon St. [or other #16]. Also in that bracket: #3 Kentucky, #6 Louisville. The #1 seed is Duke, with other notable teams in that bracket being: #4 Houston [are they for real?] #5 Villanova, and an underrated #9 St.John's team.The Des Moines site is in this side of the bracket if we could make it there...
Other #7 seeds we are being compared to: Wisc, trending down, LSU, trending upward, Mississippi, trending upward

Worst seed you can get... You get a tough opponent right away and you get a #1 seed as your reward if you win. Only good thing about it is after that it's all downhill till final 4...
Or you can do what Wisconsin did two years ago and slay the #1 seed, Villanova in that case.

Anyone remember what UNI's seed was when they knocked Kansas out a while back?

Or you can do what Wisconsin did two years ago and slay the #1 seed, Villanova in that case.

Anyone remember what UNI's seed was when they knocked Kansas out a while back?

Was that the dreaded 5/12 match up?

I want to be in a scenario where we are matched up with Kansas in round 2. They are the most beatable of what is considered the top tier teams.

I want to be in a scenario where we are matched up with Kansas in round 2. They are the most beatable of what is considered the top tier teams.

I believe we beat them the last time we matched up. They lost their starting center and have struggled a bit since.

Plus they would have just one day to prepare for Iowa's handful of zone schemes.

Reactions: DJL
I hope they come in undefeated. a loss might just "give " them "extra" focus.

Well, Lunardi still has us as a #6 seed. There may be 2 reasons for this:
1. His new bracketology was posted only 1 day after our loss to Mich. St. and he already had it ready to post, didn't change/update it.
2. The loss to MSU is certainly not a bad loss, everybody loses to them, even when playing at home. State is considered by most/many to be a #1 seed and a top 4 team in the nation. Bryant et. al. would be a bad loss, even if the game were close.
Let's hope the loss to Sparty isn't an indicator of what we could expect in the tourney. It's well known, you got to beat the best to be the best in March. It's likey we'll face a #1, #2 or 3# seed in the first or second game anyway.

So here's where we stand as of right now-

#6 in West bracket with first 2 games in Jacksonville. First-round opponent would be #11 Wofford.
Second-round would be vs #3 N. Car. or 14 Loyola -Chicago.
Round of 32 would likely be vs. #2 Gonzaga, #7Oklahoma, or #10 St. John's in Anaheim, Ca.
Other 6 seeds we are being compared to= Villanova, Buffalo and Auburn. Strangely enough, Ia. St is currently listed as a 5 seed.

At this point, the #1 seeds would be: Duke, Mich. St, Tennessee, and Virginia
#2 seeds = Kentucky, KU, Mich. and 'Zaga
Lunardi still has 10 B1G teams in, with Minn., Az. St., VCU and Alabama being in among the last 4 in and Ohio St, UCF, St. John's and Seton Hall on the bubble. [Some one talk to me about St. John's. IMO, they are vastly under-rated!

The first 4 out group includes: Arizona, Butler, Baylor, and Florida. The next 4 out would be- San Franciso [a powerhouse in days gone by], Utah St. Creighton and Temple.

Latest posts