W/L Predictions for 2010 season?

HerkyHigh

I've seen people on a couple different threads offering their projections for the team's overall record in 2010. Some seem to think we're going to run the table, others think we'll have a worse record than this past year. What's your opinion? I think the Hawks go 11-1 overall, with the one loss coming to either Ohio State or Northwestern. Laugh at the Northwestern prediction, but they seem to have our number every year, or we always play down to their level, and they take advantage of it. I don't think we lose to AZ on the road -- I am not afraid of Pac10 teams, especially based on their bowl performance this year. Our experienced offense will score more points next season, barring catastrophic injuries, and our D should be solid as always. Our special teams should improve again, as well. I see the Rose Bowl as long as we can keep up with or surpass OSU in wins and beat them at home. You can say we got lucky this past year, and I would agree, but luck only factors in so much. Truth is we had a very good team in 2009, and next year's team should be just as good, if not better, with the talent we are returning. OL is a bit of a concern, but honestly, I was not impressed with the overall talent on the line for much of the season, even with Richardson and Bulaga in, and I think we can come close to that level next year, especially as the younger players gel. Let's Go Hawks!

9-3. I think this team will be of equal talent, but we will not get as many breaks, and our opposition, namely OSU and UW, are going to be much better next year.

10-2, but 7 of the ten are much more convincing than last year. Lose to OSU and one of NW, AZ, ISU, Wisc.

I want to see the Hawks run the table but who doesn't right. I agree that we probably won't see quite so many breaks this next season so I put as either 11-1 or 10-2. We are returning a team that is capable of making magic happen. Only time will tell how the other players fit into their positions and belive it can happen.

I've been saving this for the right year ... and if this ain't it, then it may never be, so ...
13-0!

Last edited:
As long as we stay healthier, than say 2009, I'm saying 10 games...........

at Minimum.

'Welcome to 4 to 4.5 seconds of HE**'

And can you say: KOOOL -----EEEE---AHHHHHH--nos! :)

I think our offense will be much better and our defense just as good. Our kicking game will be good again. I see no reason that we shouldn't get 10 wins or more. You're right about close calls so a couple could fall the other way but a veteran team knows how to win and our schedule is much better.

I'm hoping for a 13-0 season, too, but it sounds like some of us have forgotten how close the games were in the 2009 season. We had a great season, partly because we got lucky. And don't give me that crap that good teams can make their own luck. We got lucky.

Remember almost losing to UNI... twice in one game?
Remember the 24-21 win against Arkansas State? (uh, who?!)
Remember the two-point win over Michigan?
Remember the nail-biter at MSU?

My prediction: 8-4 (losses to Arizona, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Ohio State). I'm being pessimistic, with hopes that I'm wrong.

12-1

Lose to Indiana by way of a ball being bounced off of 4 players and returned for game winning TD.

Beat Oregon in Rose Bowl 24-10.