Vote for Hoiberg

no doubt about it - especially if you live in central IA.

Like the guy. Met him a couple times and he is really cool. His public image does make me cringe, though. Remember during a game last year, a play-by-play guy was fawning over how quiet he is-said something about a butterfly flapping it's wings drowns him out when he is coaching practice. Just...irritating.
As for charity: what you do is your business. Hopefully everyone does more than vote for someone else to be charitable, though.

Remember, today is a new day so you can vote for your favorite charity today!

FYI, if you don't know which charity needs your vote, the CEO of the American Heart Association makes $1.1 million per year, so he Ferddy needs the votes to pay that guy's salary!

If this was Fran vs. someone else, you can be damn sure the majority of CyFan would be voting for anybody other than Fran, no matter how they felt about the charities.

If this was Fran vs. someone else, you can be damn sure the majority of CyFan would be voting for anybody other than Fran, no matter how they felt about the charities.

Maybe I can get my money back from UofI hospital that was sent for Patrick. Ah nevermind, it's a good cause and a good hospital, they can keep it!!!

Maybe I can get my money back from UofI hospital that was sent for Patrick. Ah nevermind, it's a good cause and a good hospital, they can keep it!!!

The American Heart Association brought in $784,707,000 in Fiscal 2014. $57,000,000 of that went to Management/General expenses.

Matt Painters charity's biggest achievement seems to be a golf event where they raise around $40-50,000 for their charity.

I wonder which charity stands to benefit more from a $100,000 donation. I have to question if ISU fans really care about the charity portion or just want to say "GUYS FRED WON!!!111111". I'm assuming the latter

Thank you to those who are voting for Holberg, and the state of Iowa. Hopefully he can pull it out, and that 100k can come here to Iowa. To the others.. So I guess you really are sticking to that logic that you don't really care about beating Iowa State? Seems it might be all that you care about. Doesn't seem to have much to do with charity

His charity is the American Heart Association and they would get the $100K. No money would "come here to Iowa". You do realize this, right?

His charity is the American Heart Association and they would get the $100K. No money would "come here to Iowa". You do realize this, right?

I based my statement off of a tweet that his mother put on twitter that it would stay in Iowa, and just my belief that she wasn't lying, and then also this article from http://www.kcci.com/sports/iowans-love-fred-hoibergs-dance-moves/30566038 where they say not only in the article, but also on the video that he would be winning the money for the American Heart Association in Iowa. In looking at the AHA of central iowa's Facebook page it looks like that is where the money would be going.

That is where I am getting my information from.. Could they be lying, and could it not be correct?? sure.. Granted it is not a state charity, but I guess at the very least by it going to the research centers here in Iowa it not only is supporting heart disease, but is also specifically supporting Iowan's, and the work that hey do.

Sorry for the confusion on that.. And yes the comment I made about Iowa fans only caring about beating Iowa State was a complete douchey comment, and I should have left out, but I guess in a moment of what I felt was witty banter upon reflection ended up taking the focus away from the actual point I was making, and at the same time was really a pretty lame jab that was unnecessary. I was wrong.

I've did over 1,000 hours of charity in the last three years and haven't taken a dime. F these dudes earning million dollar salaries involved in charities

Even Fran thought enough of Fred to help him. Two great coaches trying to do something good for the state of Iowa. But no matter who wins it's still for charity and that is what is important.

Even Fran thought enough of Fred to help him. Two great coaches trying to do something good for the state of Iowa. But no matter who wins it's still for charity and that is what is important.

Fran was part of this same charity program, he didn't "do it for fred"

Thank you to those who are voting for Holberg, and the state of Iowa. Hopefully he can pull it out, and that 100k can come here to Iowa. To the others.. So I guess you really are sticking to that logic that you don't really care about beating Iowa State? Seems it might be all that you care about. Doesn't seem to have much to do with charity

Might have voted for Hoi but after reading this, voted for Painter

Latest posts