Visits

USAFhawk

Big recruiting weekend on Oct. 15th. Clark, Laux, Gilman and maybe Brooks that weekend. Brooks is second hand info so I am not 100% about that.

yes Laux would be a career 125 which makes him even more attractive. Since his move to ICW he has shown probably the most improvement of any Iowa HS'er outside of Meyer. A bunch of D1 coaches at Fila Cadets were raving about him, they love his toughness.

Will he ever be big enough to be a legit 125lber (speaking as a former 98-112lber in hs)?

Thanks for the info on visits USAFhawk. Aside from the size concern, it seems like Laux is the real deal. If he does end up growing into a full 125, which I think he does, he could be lights out. If Iowa is able to snag Gilman along with Clark though, where does Laux fit into the mix? Clark or Gilman could potentially grow into 141, but I see them more as 125/133. If Gilman comes on board, is Laux the odd man out? I assumed for 125/133 Clark and Gilman were targets #1 and #2 with Topher Carton being a walk-on/books guy for added depth. It’s great to hear Laux is still in the mix.

The signing period is coming up in about a month. Hopefully we'll have some solid news by then if not sooner!

There will be a very good suprise 197 prospect here in town as well but I'm not giving the name right now. I would be VERY happy if they could land him though!

Thanks fulsaas...I think we'll all be VERY happy when Iowa signs someone to fill the gap at 197...even better if it's one of the TOP prospects, surprise or not!!

Info like above is why I like coming to read on this message board. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

There will be a very good suprise 197 prospect here in town as well but I'm not giving the name right now. I would be VERY happy if they could land him though!

Alright Fulsaas, tomorrow is the day everyone is suppposed to be here. it's only a day away. Spill the beans, who is it?

Is it Nathan Burak from Colorado? I love what I see from him in the video of his match against Sam Brooks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiMU98qFPWA]Junior Freestyle 3rd 189 - Nathan Burak (CO) vs. Sam Brooks (IL) - YouTube[/ame]

Ten recruits in today. I think some were amazed by how many fans were at practice. Heard Brooks, Rogers, and Burak were 3 of those included.

As someone not "in the know"...do those closer to the program anticipate that there may be some immediate commitments coming out of this weekend?

I think there will be a couple of kids that will commit during the week, a few still have other visits that they want to take.

Latest posts