Vikings Sports Slams Ballard, Hawks

Maybe he got hit by one of the goal posts that we took out of the Metrodome back in 2002 and still holds a grudge. He is right that the D Line was overrated last year, but went out of his way to criticize Clayborn and the rest of the D Line outside of Ballard.

And when/if Ballard plays well there what will this guy say? I think Minn got a good pick but I'm going to hate watching him now.

Sometimes the facts hurt...
In 2009, the same front line led an Iowa defense to 31 sacks and 74 tackles for loss. In 2010, the numbers were 21 and 57. Ballard went from 5 1/2 sacks and nine TOLs in 2009 to three and five last season.

He was saying the same things on the radio yesterday as well. Very, very critical of Clayborn. When Iowa is bad, he blasts them with no mercy. In 2007 he called them "mutts" after the Iowa/Minnesota game. When Iowa is good, he is very complementary to Ferentz but has always doubted Iowa's talent.

From an outsider's perspective I can understand. Clayborn, Ballard, and the rest of Iowa's DL was expected to dominate and they did anything but. Particularly in that Minnesota game in which Clayborn was handled very easily. Star players are very easy targets when things don't go well.

In general this guy is just a very negative columnist. Glen Mason was his favorite target. It makes sense for the Star Trib because Sid Hartman is such a homer they need a negative guy to balance things out. They have a local TV show up here on Sunday nights and their conversations are pretty funny.

I am surprised he could comment on Minnesota football. I have friends in Minnesota who have told me multiple times that they do not care about the G.Gophers in MN. Their bowl game against Iowa State was on page six of this particular newspaper's sports section. It does not surprise me that he made a couple of factual errors in this article.

Reusse is a tool.

If you want to read something from a writer who couldn't find something to write about, here is your example.

Last edited:
Reusse is a the classic Minnesota sports cynic. The guy couldn't find his a** with his own hands. He also has a bad case of angry recovering alcoholic syndrome.

Any person can be a sports writer, I don't think there is a single inteligent one out there, especially at the Tribune. I can't wait for football to start again. Hawks!

The guy has got to be bitter. The Vikes have never won a SuperBowl and the rodents haven't been relevant to the conference title since 1967. Minnesota is a toilet where they can't build a decent bridge or a roof on a stadium that will stay up.

Reusse is a moron. Nice opportunity for him to rip the Hawkeyes. After reading his article and the responses to it, I want Floyd back more than ever and I want us to rip their a$$ like we should have done in the first place last year.

Latest posts