VIDEO: 1985 #1 Iowa vs Michigan State (naked bootleg game)

asolsma

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBrQiHLHwQ"]YouTube - 1985 Michigan State vs #1 Iowa Highlights[/ame]
"The Hawkeye Historian" on YouTube put up highlights from the 1985 MSU vs Iowa game. Cool highlights from the game, including the naked bootleg. Norm Parker can be seen on the MSU staff this game. There are some other videos of old games in the channel, too.

Last edited:
Listening to Bret talking about 4 min before the Hawkeyes are upset MAKES ME WONDER HOW MANY TIMES IS HE BEEN WRONG ABOUT US. But what else is he to say at the time. Weather or not the Hawkeyes were in the game.

Did Chuck Long really not make it into the endzone on that 2 pt conversion attempt in 84? I know they called it no good, but dang if this angle doesn't make it appear to be a bad call.

This was the first Iowa game that I went to. I wish I could say I remember how great of a game it was but I don't. No I wasn't drunk, I was only 6.

I do remember the Long bootleg though. And afterward my Dad took me down to the field. Great times.

Did Chuck Long really not make it into the endzone on that 2 pt conversion attempt in 84? I know they called it no good, but dang if this angle doesn't make it appear to be a bad call.

Yeah, we definitely got screwed on that call. It might have cost us the Big Ten title that year as well.

Speaking of 1984, this win over Michigan that year was awesome.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0OfxbI9Zz8]YouTube - 1984 Michigan at #18 Iowa Highlights[/ame]

Wow, you're right on the Chuck Long cannon. He could gun it and made it look easy.

It's also nice to see that they had problems with the kicking game back then too. :)

These are some great memories,hopefully when this year is done we will be doing this again a few years down the road.Looking back on some of the great teams in Iowa football history.

If I remember the story correctly, 2 people in the stadium knew that Chuck was on a keeper; Hayden and Chuck

Latest posts