Vegas Says....

Ouch.

They project ISU, Indiana, and Purdue for 5, 5, & 6 wins. And those are considered toss-ups for Iowa.

And, no mention of the Hawks as potential stumbling blocks for PSU or Wisc

But just wait 'til BF is coach. We'll show them!!

Hate to say it but Vegas is right way more than anyone else. Reporters and analysts can spin all the bullshit they want about this team or that team, but the folks with millions on the table are the best at this.

Hawks will drop a non con, so that’s 2-1, lose to Wisconsin (2-2) drop one out of Minnesota, Indiana, and Maryland (4-3), lose to Penn State, Purdue, and Northwestern, (4-6), and beat Illinois and Nebraska to go 6-6.

Ending up in the Pete’s Ready Mix of Missoula Bowl vs the Upper Central Southwest Billings Welding School Chickadees. Kickoff Wednesday, December 5th at 11:30am on RFDtv.

The homer fans on HN will interpret winning the last two as “momentum” and start telling us that the Ferentz syndicate have the Hawks on the right track and will go 10-2 next year, and that by god, they believe in Michael Corleo....I mean Brian. Sound familiar?

You heard it here first.

Seriously though, 6 and 6 and it’s going to play out like I predicted above.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but Vegas is right way more than anyone else. Reporters and analysts can spin all the bullshit they want about this team or that team, but the folks with millions on the table are the best at this.
Actually they're usually just over .500. Lines and o/u are made mostly for 50/50 action

We're just lil ole Iowa.

"The schedule features several toss-up games such as visits to Indiana and Purdue, along with a rivalry contest against Iowa State. I'm pegging Iowa for seven regular-season wins again."

https://www.sportsline.com/insiders...eam-in-the-big-10/?ttag=SL18_nl_247_iowa_0523

shutterstock-318957629-oatmeal-oksana-mizina-opener-1484890944.jpg

2005-chevrolet-impala-base-sedan-angular-front.png

home-design.jpg

This famous lyric came to mind.

Hey maestro expresso
It's just another one just like the other one
Hey maestro expresso
Is this another one just like the other one

(name that tune)

Lets see:

Offensive line play

Running Back talent

Coaching

Execution

talent at WR

Barry Alvarez

outside of that..you are right

My ordering would be.

Barry Alvarez = consistency + aggressiveness + continuity

Superior defense + Power running ball control offense that will plow inferior teams under.

One of the better teams in college football in the trenches and at linebacker.

Player development program on par with Iowa's

Recruits well locally local market. Milwaukee, Chicago, and Minneapolis are the local recruiting market.

Well chosen coaching

QB's and WR's have been adequate.

The one thing that truly amazes me about Wisconsin's program is how Alvarez has managed all of the coaching transitions over 25 years without any real drop-off at any point.

Hawks will drop a non con, so that’s 2-1, lose to Wisconsin (2-2) drop one out of Minnesota, Indiana, and Maryland (4-3), lose to Penn State, Purdue, and Northwestern, (4-6), and beat Illinois and Nebraska to go 6-6.

Ending up in the Pete’s Ready Mix of Missoula Bowl vs the Upper Central Southwest Billings Welding School Chickadees. Kickoff Wednesday, December 5th at 11:30am on RFDtv.

The homer fans on HN will interpret winning the last two as “momentum” and start telling us that the Ferentz syndicate have the Hawks on the right track and will go 10-2 next year, and that by god, they believe in Michael Corleo....I mean Brian. Sound familiar?

You heard it here first.

Seriously though, 6 and 6 and it’s going to play out like I predicted above.

Iowa hasn’t won 6 or fewer games since 2012, and that is the only 6 or fewer win season over the last 10 years. If you are willing to put your money where you mouth is, i’d Bet whatever you want that Iowa wins more than 6 games this year.

Iowa hasn’t won 6 or fewer games since 2012, and that is the only 6 or fewer win season over the last 10 years. If you are willing to put your money where you mouth is, i’d Bet whatever you want that Iowa wins more than 6 games this year.

I'll get in on that bet too Fryowa. I'm predicting 8+ wins but definitely not fewer than 7.

Latest posts