Vegas Odds I saw Iowa -28.5

longtimer

Read an earlier post that said 17? Didn't read the entire post so possibly was updated. 28.5 sounds about right I think I probably would take Ohio State and give the points.. We have a very good defense but we just don't see that kind of speed. Lot's of big plays for Ohio State and none for us.. Could make it better if we can win the turnover battle

It’ll be worse. I said before the season this will be the worse loss of the Ferentz era and it’s setting up to be just that.

I could see tOSU defense shutting out the worst offense in FBS, but I suspect our defense will give our kicking team a good enough field position for one or two field goals.

My prediction is Iowa - 6 and tOSU - 34. And that is saying something good about our defense. tOSU is capable of much higher scoring against other defenses. Who knows, maybe higher scoring in this game, too, with our D tiring out.

If OSU went all out and pressed this entire game they would win 63-3 or 70-3. The defense is gonna be totally gassed by the third quarter and only the mercy of Ryan Day can save this team.
Ryan Day said he remembers the 17 game as that was his first year on staff. He said it is a scar that doesn’t go away. This is going to be ugly, highly likely the worst loss of the Ferentz era.

I do remember the '95 OSU game...they could have scored on every possession if they wanted too. Cooper called off the dogs at 35-0 and started playing 2nd stringers so Iowa ended up making it respectable, but man that could have been a 70 point loss. That '95 OSU team was absolutely loaded.

Ryan Day said he remembers the 17 game as that was his first year on staff. He said it is a scar that doesn’t go away. This is going to be ugly, highly likely the worst loss of the Ferentz era.

Look, I don't want to be Nervous Nancy over here, but there are variants of The Germ going around that are pretty bad. I think we need to PCR test everyone who has been within 500 feet of anyone on the ball club in the past two weeks and forfeit the game under COVID protocols if even one person in Iowa City currently has The Germ. It's just not safe to play this game.

I do remember the '95 OSU game...they could have scored on every possession if they wanted too. Cooper called off the dogs at 35-0 and started playing 2nd stringers so Iowa ended up making it respectable, but man that could have been a 70 point loss. That '95 OSU team was absolutely loaded.

Was that the team with Eddie George and Orlando Pace? One of those games with them near the end of Hayden's run we were down like 50 at halftime. It must have been that game. I remember my dad having a helluva tirade.

Look, I don't want to be Nervous Nancy over here, but there are variants of The Germ going around that are pretty bad. I think we need to PCR test everyone who has been within 500 feet of anyone on the ball club in the past two weeks and forfeit the game under COVID protocols if even one person in Iowa City currently has The Germ. It's just not safe to play this game.
0-2? That's respectable!

I think the revenge factor is overestimated. Have a number of friends that are OSU fans and they were posting on fb and were laughing about it the whole time... Iowa has the ball. They are going to score again... and laughing.

I think we overestimate this.

The real question is whether or not Iowa has the real ability to stay in this game. My guess is no and it will be like 45 or 53 to zero.

Was that the team with Eddie George and Orlando Pace? One of those games with them near the end of Hayden's run we were down like 50 at halftime. It must have been that game. I remember my dad having a helluva tirade.

Yep. Terry Glenn, Shawn Springs and a bunch of other future NFL studs were on that squad.

MIx it up, leave the punter in on ever series and punt on different downs. Keep OSU guessing and the Iowa offense off the field.

I could see tOSU defense shutting out the worst offense in FBS, but I suspect our defense will give our kicking team a good enough field position for one or two field goals.

My prediction is Iowa - 6 and tOSU - 34. And that is saying something good about our defense. tOSU is capable of much higher scoring against other defenses. Who knows, maybe higher scoring in this game, too, with our D tiring out.
Iowa's D did a hell of a better job than Penn States on Michigan. They will represent, unless the offense simple gives OSU the ball on short fields and the D wears out by the third quarter.

At this point I'm more interested in an over/under of 66 yards of total offense for the Hawks. What say you guys?
Definitely the over. At some point in the third quarter we will see Ohio's second string and then at some point in the fourth quarter they will just play a drop back soft zone. I think we'll have about 50 yards before that point arrives, then pile on at least 150 more yards on 3 or 4 drives.

Definitely the over. At some point in the third quarter we will see Ohio's second string and then at some point in the fourth quarter they will just play a drop back soft zone. I think we'll have about 50 yards before that point arrives, then pile on at least 150 more yards on 3 or 4 drives.
Iowa dosen't play Ohio