Vandenberg 11 vs Stanzi 10 through 3 games

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
More for fun than anything else...

JVB

60-97 (61.9) 7 td passes to 1 INT, 825 yards and a rating of 155.05

Stanzi

47-74 (63.5) 6 td passes to 1 INT, 711 yards and a rating of 168.28

Marcus Coker has 267 net yards rushing and a 3.9/ypc (69 carries)
Adam Robinson had 270 net yards rushing and a 5.6/ypc (48 carries)

Eric Guthrie has 13 punts through three games, averaging 44.4
Donauhue had 13 punts through three games, averaging 47.2

I knew JVB had better stats than Stanzi through three so that doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is the Coker vs Robinson stats through 3 games. Considering Coker's lackluster efforts yesterday and against TT on the ground, this is shocking.

Coker stats compared to AROB are pretty weak. Surprised by how big the difference..

I think Coker's going to get it on track here. If we can move the ball in the air better going forward, that should get some folks out of the box and give him more lanes to exploit.

Vandy will have to put up big/huge numbers all year if they are going to get to 7-8 wins. Stanzi had the luxery of a better running game and defense. ST teams look to be a wash.

I think Coker's slow start can be pretty much attributed to the fact that other teams are setting their defense to stop our running game. If we can make them have to respect the pass, things will open up for him.

Vandy has more yards and attempts, but I would say Stanzi was slightly more accurate.

Drop off at running back. Slight drop off at punter.

Coker is also not running as hard as he did last year. He's slow to the hole and slows down when contact comes. He's afraid to fumble. He needs to find his confidence. Hopefully next week he will.

Coker is also not running as hard as he did last year. He's slow to the hole and slows down when contact comes. He's afraid to fumble. He needs to find his confidence. Hopefully next week he will.

He looks nothing like what he did against Mizzou or even OSU last year!! Was the bowl game performance just a fluke? Is he injured like some speculate? WTF is going on with our running game? It's not like he gained a lot of weight since last year, but he moves like he's 30+ pounds heavier...

He seems like such a great guy and he's shown he is more talented than this! I dont want to bag on him but how can there be this big of a drop off from his performance last year? The OL hasn't played great but hasnt been horrible, he's had some holes he just misses or *****-foots thru and has no steam hitting the second level like he did last year... Mental? Injuries? I just cant understand this...

He looks nothing like what he did against Mizzou or even OSU last year!! Was the bowl game performance just a fluke? Is he injured like some speculate? WTF is going on with our running game? It's not like he gained a lot of weight since last year, but he moves like he's 30+ pounds heavier...

He seems like such a great guy and he's shown he is more talented than this! I dont want to bag on him but how can there be this big of a drop off from his performance last year? The OL hasn't played great but hasnt been horrible, he's had some holes he just misses or *****-foots thru and has no steam hitting the second level like he did last year... Mental? Injuries? I just cant understand this...
This is a huge problem that better get figured out quick. They also need another guy to step up and give him some relief. Where is Johnson? I had hope for that guy.

Coker needs to stop the east to west garbage and cut once and go upfield. The one run from close to our end zone looked like a huge hole and he made like 10 cuts and gained 5 yards.

Latest posts