Van Coleman Interview

Fran expects to sign two, but he will sign the third if it makes sense. He's not going to fill schollies just to have bodies.

The Glover situation is puzzling. You have to think that either: (1) they have soured on Glover's abilities and don't want to waste the scholarship on him, or (2) Glover somehow ticked them off and they feel he is just jacking them around, or (3) they have another player in the fold that can play the point next year. If that player is Hubbard, great. If not, they must be counting on Marble filling in again or they have targeted another PG they are sure they can sign. Coach McCaffery has said that they won't necessarily sign a PG this year, so none of this makes a whole lot of sense to me. The only scenario that does make sense is they know that Hubbard is signing on, but given all the last minute unpleasant surprises we've had already this year, I will believe that when I see it. And even is Hubbard does sign on, why quit on Glover? I guess we don't have long to wait to see how the first page of this story unfolds. Tomorrow at 11:00?

Latest posts