Vacation check in

NCHawker

Just an invitation to check in, where ever you are on vacation.

I'm in Charlottesville, VA. Sight seeing Jefferson, Madison, Monroe's homes. Beautiful country here.

What is this thing called "vacation"?

Well for many, many years for me it was piling all the kids into a cramped car and driving from Georgia up to Iowa to visit family and friends. Visiting the Amana's, Adventure land, and eating out.

Now as the kids are almost done with college and my wife is an registered nurse we finally got to enjoy the Bahamas and three cruises. I would strongly recommend at least one cruise for everyone who hasn't done it. In the end it's the less expensive way to go. Beautiful oceans, beaches, entertainment, sleeping arrangements and all the food you could possibly eat............ all included.

Last edited:
Well for many, many years for me it was piling all the kids into a cramped car and driving from Georgia up to Iowa to visit family and friends. Visiting the Amana's, Adventure land, and eating out.

Now as the kids are almost done with college and my wife is an registered nurse we finally got to enjoy the Bahamas and three cruises. I would strongly recommend at least one cruise for everyone who hasn't done it. In the end it's the less expensive way to go. Beautiful oceans, beaches, entertainment, sleeping arrangements and all the food you could possibly eat............ all included.
My first job was at Adventureland. I didn't get too far ahead financially working there. :)

Well, I spent my 1st night on vacation in Lincoln, NE, yahoo for me... next night Denver, CO., getting better, then I ended up in St. George, UT, not bad, then rolled into LA to see my daughter, leaving tomorrow towards Flagstaff, AZ, Grand Canyon, nice....then to Albuquerque, NM, then back to Denver, CO., then to Alliance, NE....then home to Charles City....will be looking at a 2 week vacation, never done one that long before. So far, so good, driving the whole f*cking thing (with my wife), 1 week down 1 more to go...

Last edited:
This summer so far we road tripped out west to Wyoming. It's like a different world out there compared to the mid west.

All my $$ to to youth sports. Twin boys. Hopefully can get away later for a few days to a Minnesota resort. Lake Pepin area maybe.

Heading to Sint Maarten at the end of the summer. Have to get my kid through the end of baseball season first then get him moved to college in South Dakota before being able to take off. Finally be an empty nester though, s the vacations will be more abundant.

Spent Sunday on Lake Michigan, it was great! Today and every other day: work, work, work.
I'm ready for football season. Think we could start early? That would be great...

Latest posts