UW-4 seed; Iowa-9 seed ??

That ends the silly talk about OSU and 6th. And Minnesota? People really think they are going to win at Maryland? Not me. And I don’t see Iowa losing to Nebraska...might beat Wisconsin too.

That ends the silly talk about OSU and 6th. And Minnesota? People really think they are going to win at Maryland? Not me. And I don’t see Iowa losing to Nebraska...might beat Wisconsin too.

I don't think Minnesota wins at Maryland so we are pretty safe now. Before the Northwestern loss, I would have put the odds of getting the 6 seed at Iowa 70%, OSU 20%, and Minnesota 10%. Right now I'll say its 90% iowa and 10% Minnesota.

I say we need to do away with these net rankings. Why are we even talking about Indiana right now? Because they swept MSU? Who cares? Over the course of 14 games they lost the other 12 games. This is just ESPN's monopoly on the sports world. And of course they would overvalue Indiana, who hasn't been elite since the Chaney/Bailey days. Living in the past like alot of Indiana fans do.

This is a great thread! I loved talking Bracketology, even in the years we're not being considered. Yes, Lunardi has us currently as a #9 seed, AND TRENDING DOWN. The committee also looks at how teams are playing in Feb. and March. We are losers of 3 of our last 4, not impressive, especially 20+ point losses at home. IMO, we are NOT a lock if we go 0-3 next. However, 1 win should do it.

The thing to remember is this: just find a way to make it into the dance. Whether we end up a 5 or 12, there are no easy games in the tourney, unless you are a #1 and we all saw Virginia last year. To win the NCAA you have to win 6 games an in a row against the best of the best. That's what makes March Madness the greatest sporting event in the world!

That's right, we are not a lock if we go 0-3. If we accept that we are on the 9 line right now, then we're about 10-15 spots from being bounced from the NCAAs, depending on the bubble. I get that it's not just as simple as saying that, for every loss, a team will go down x amount of spots but we will go down with every loss. Everything matters at this point, including ISU tanking now which makes that win look less impressive at every turn, and margin of loss for the next three games, should we lose them all. A single digit loss tonight might mean we only drop a spot or two, while suffering an 81-55 type beat down would be more disastrous.

Should we go 0-2 this week, we'll know more where we stand by Monday. If we're in Lunardi's "last 4 in" by Sunday evening/Monday morning, I'd say it's uh-oh time.

But let's just get a win this week and put it all to rest.

I’m not even a little bit worried about this team ROS. Here are some numbers.

Season 3% - 36.7

Garza - 30.0
JB - 39.4
JW - 43.9
Moss - 43.3
Baer - 36.6
Kriener- 34.8

Last 4 games...1-3 - 29.3 (best being 31.6)
RUT/OSU/IN/MD

4 Games prior...4-0 - 42.9 (worst being 38.1)
RUT/NW/IN/MI

RUT & IN are in both groups. MI is better than MD. NW isn’t as good as OSU (with their best player).

We have gone cold from 3. When we make our threes we typically win. When we miss our threes we typically lose. And I’m not buying the grabbing, bumping, physical play, etc. arguments. Moss put up a wide open air ball. JB has missed open looks.

I may be the exception but I still think all 6 of those guys are decent to very good 3 point shooters. And I don’t think we are going to shoot 29.3 over the next 4 games. And I’m confident we will be 3-1 or 4-0 if we shoot 42.9 over the next 4.

Reactions: trj

Season 3% - 36.7

Garza - 30.0
JB - 39.4
JW - 43.9
Moss - 43.3
Baer - 36.6
Kriener- 34.8

RUT/OSU/IN/MD

RUT/NW/IN/MI

RUT & IN are in both groups. MI is better than MD. NW isn’t as good as OSU (with their best player).

We have gone cold from 3. When we make our threes we typically win. When we miss our threes we typically lose. And I’m not buying the grabbing, bumping, physical play, etc. arguments. Moss put up a wide open air ball. JB has missed open looks.

I may be the exception but I still think all 6 of those guys are decent to very good 3 point shooters. And I don’t think we are going to shoot 29.3 over the next 4 games. And I’m confident we will be 3-1 or 4-0 if we shoot 42.9 over the next 4.

Why aren't you worried of the possibility that they can stay cold for 2 more games?

That's right, we are not a lock if we go 0-3. If we accept that we are on the 9 line right now, then we're about 10-15 spots from being bounced from the NCAAs, depending on the bubble. I get that it's not just as simple as saying that, for every loss, a team will go down x amount of spots but we will go down with every loss. Everything matters at this point, including ISU tanking now which makes that win look less impressive at every turn, and margin of loss for the next three games, should we lose them all. A single digit loss tonight might mean we only drop a spot or two, while suffering an 81-55 type beat down would be more disastrous.

Should we go 0-2 this week, we'll know more where we stand by Monday. If we're in Lunardi's "last 4 in" by Sunday evening/Monday morning, I'd say it's uh-oh time.

But let's just get a win this week and put it all to rest.

How are these projected seeds done? Are they done based on what our resume is right now, or what they assume it will be if the last 2 games are chalk? Hopefully it's the latter because chalk is us losing both games.

How are these projected seeds done? Are they done based on what our resume is right now, or what they assume it will be if the last 2 games are chalk? Hopefully it's the latter because chalk is us losing both games.

Always thought it was what the resume looks like right now, no assumptions made about wins or losses in the future.

Season 3% - 36.7

Garza - 30.0
JB - 39.4
JW - 43.9
Moss - 43.3
Baer - 36.6
Kriener- 34.8

RUT/OSU/IN/MD

RUT/NW/IN/MI

The game of basketball has become about shooting the 3 and defending the 3. This season until recently, Iowa has done a good job of defending the 3. I would bet as Iowa's recent shooting numbers have gone down their opponents 3 point shot numbers have gone waaay up.

There are 32 automatic bids to the NCAA men's D1 basketball tournament. That would be either regular season champs or conference tournament champs of the conferences. That leaves 36 teams that can make it outside the automatic bids. To make the dance, we have to be one of those 36.

One ESPN analyst recently moved us down to "should be in" vs. "lock". Go 0-3 in the final 3 (including the BIG Tourney) then 1-6 in the our last 7 games is going to attract some attention. Could it happen..........yes.

Playing the second best D in the conference tonight followed by a road game and finish up with most anyone in the BIG that can upend you......especially those seeded high but showing marked improvement as the season has been moving on.

Not predicting a 1-6 finish but looks more probable than a month ago.

One ESPN analyst recently moved us down to "should be in" vs. "lock". Go 0-3 in the final 3 (including the BIG Tourney) then 1-6 in the our last 7 games is going to attract some attention. Could it happen..........yes.

Playing the second best D in the conference tonight followed by a road game and finish up with most anyone in the BIG that can upend you......especially those seeded high but showing marked improvement as the season has been moving on.

Not predicting a 1-6 finish but looks more probable than a month ago.
Our likely BTT opponent...whoever...finished bottom 4 for a reason. And none of those bottom 4...whoever...are built for success playing back to back games IMO.

There are 32 automatic bids to the NCAA men's D1 basketball tournament. That would be either regular season champs or conference tournament champs of the conferences. That leaves 36 teams that can make it outside the automatic bids. To make the dance, we have to be one of those 36.
So let’s say half of those 32 are ranked ahead of us in the NET rankings. That means if we are 52 or higher we are looking at a bid. And I don’t think it’s possible to drop below 52 with 2 Quad 1 games and a BTT Quad 1 or 2 game left.

I have zero doubt we are already in. And I am extremely confident we will win a minimum of 1 more game. My goal is to win 4 straight...or more...and get back to the 6 line.

IMAGE is EVERYTHING

hqdefault.jpg

Latest posts