Utoff saved the ball in bounds.

What are you looking at?? After seeing this thread I went back to the play and it's not even close. His right leg is out while touching the ball.

Uthoff gets the gameball today. Couple huge shots in the final moments. The 3 from the corner and that fade away jumper. Good to see some hawks hit some clutch shots and not have a huge scoring drought to start the 2nd.

The call I thought was questionable was the OSU player driving down the lane and pushing off with his arm and they gave Iowa the foul when the foul should have been against OSU and the bucket waved off but instead they get the bucket and one.

It did seem as if, the HAWKEYES won a game, that was 5 on 8.
Referees tried very hard to help the Bucknutz out, today

I guess I must have been watching a different game. I thought there were questionable calls both ways but overall called evenly. Both teams got away with some stuff and both teams got some bailout calls

What are you looking at?? After seeing this thread I went back to the play and it's not even close. His right leg is out while touching the ball.
I can't agree. It looked to me like the ball was well out of his hand before his leg hit the floor.

The blocking foul on Gessel seemed comically bad. I think Mike was in place for a five count before the OSU player plowed into him.

What about the travel call on Uthoff late in the game? Was that as bad as I thought it was? Fran seemed confused by it.

Officials seem to be trending that way with those boundary line calls. If it's remotely close and they're not really sure if he stepped on the line, they always blow the whistle. The one call I really objected to more than any other was when Russell absolutely flopped like he was playing soccer and the official bought it.

Officials seem to be trending that way with those boundary line calls. If it's remotely close and they're not really sure if he stepped on the line, they always blow the whistle. The one call I really objected to more than any other was when Russell absolutely flopped like he was playing soccer and the official bought it.

Yea that was annoying.

They need to start video reviewing instances of flopping and eject the floppers for the following game.

What about the travel call on Uthoff late in the game? Was that as bad as I thought it was? Fran seemed confused by it.

I would have to go back and look but I thought he changed pivot feet. I said it in the game thread, the only call I questioned was the block on Mike early in the 2nd.

Everybody has brought up the plays I thought were iffy. Gesell was not in the semi-circle and he stood vertical and still before the guy charged over him. I agree as well the OSU player used his arm to create space on that layup and one. That would be called offensive every time in the NBA, but it is not the NBA. I thought the call on Woody pushing off on the inbounds play was a little suspect. He did extend the arm but the OSU player deserves an Oscar for the flop. Besides, OSU was absolutely mugging Iowa on every inbounds plays. The Uthoff sideline play was close, in realtime I thought he saved it and I never ran it back to see for sure. A few travel calls could have been let go. You just can't watch the feet and not the OSU defenders as they are double teaming and bodying up our players. I thought the one on Uthoff was the right call, but he was getting mugged. OSU turned it up in the second half and the Hawks survived. They did not win too many like this last year. MSU will play physical like this, but I like that the game is at Iowa on the 8th.

The blocking foul on Gessel seemed comically bad. I think Mike was in place for a five count before the OSU player plowed into him.
I thought the same thing on this one. What did I miss? Feet were set, he was outside of the little arc. How did that turn into a blocking call?

Latest posts