Uthoff's production since OSU game

Linesetter

Minn---4pts
Mich---2pts
NW----2pts
MSU---4pts

Really need more production out of him. Also maybe Fran needs to give him more minutes to get comfortable? He played 15 minutes in a 50 minute OT game.

Is the more physical play getting to him? Are teams guarding him differently?

He doesnt seem to have bought in to being one of Fran's kamikazes. It has to be difficult to be arguably the most talented and highly recruited basketball player in a system that is built for speed and power over touch and talent.

Minn---4pts
Mich---2pts
NW----2pts
MSU---4pts

Really need more production out of him. Also maybe Fran needs to give him more minutes to get comfortable? He played 15 minutes in a 50 minute OT game.

Is the more physical play getting to him? Are teams guarding him differently?

What other stats over that period? Minutes played? Rebounds? Steals? Blocks? Turnovers? Assists? I will agree that based on his play during the pre-conference slate I thought he would contribute a lot more in league play than he has so far. I think he'll be fine, especially if he adds weight and strength. The other thing we don't know is what role Fran has assigned to him (is he supposed to feed RDM or Mike most of the time, or is he green-lighted to take shots?)

Tweeter...I think we're all trying to figure those questions out....too damn bad....I just think he's a little overwhelmed out there at times....he'll come around, trying to define a role for yourself is hard when you're in a few minutes at a time...

The Uthoff hype is out of control. He's a talented player with a nice ceiling, he's also timid and loose with the ball.

The Uthoff hype is out of control. He's a talented player with a nice ceiling, he's also timid and loose with the ball.

Probably some truth to that. People had him built up as the next Larry Bird.

The kid has skills but like everyone else last night he's been lacking in the toughness department. Toughness is a hard thing to teach.

Latest posts