Uthoff

WinOneThisCentury

I have to keep reminding myself that he's only played in 9 college games at this point in his career. He was very poised down the stretch last night with the game on the line. Buried a three and made free throws with all the pressure. He is still feeling his way through on the defensive end of the floor and his reaction time to loose balls and rebounds is a little inconsistent, but that comes with playing more minutes too.

All in all, this guy is going to be very, very good on the offensive end and a tough matchup for defenses. If he can develop a post game down low, just another option to go to. He has a great stroke and isn't afraid to launch. Fran has to be thrilled with the way he is playing with such little game experience. Great add to the team.

It is odd to watch, technically, a junior making freshman mistakes but as you say we have to keep reminding ourselves that this is only his 9th game. But he is fun to watch and he creates some mismatches for the opposing team. I seen his measurements but I never realized just how tall he was until he started playing.

Just think he is only going to get better and better.

I have to keep reminding myself that he's only played in 9 college games at this point in his career. He was very poised down the stretch last night with the game on the line. Buried a three and made free throws with all the pressure. He is still feeling his way through on the defensive end of the floor and his reaction time to loose balls and rebounds is a little inconsistent, but that comes with playing more minutes too.

All in all, this guy is going to be very, very good on the offensive end and a tough matchup for defenses. If he can develop a post game down low, just another option to go to. He has a great stroke and isn't afraid to launch. Fran has to be thrilled with the way he is playing with such little game experience. Great add to the team.

Agreed completely. All I can say is I am much more pleased he is wearing the Black and Gold as opposed to the Red and White.

I hope he just goes off on Wisci this year....maybe he can dive for a loose ball and totally wipe out Bo....:)

That turn around he hit last night was sick.

There seems to be something missing from his game at this point. I'm not sure if he is tenative with taking it off the bounce or his handles aren't that good or he just isn't that quick but he seems slightly akward with the ball.

I think we see some hesitation at times in his game...my totally uneducated guess is that he is...drum roll..nervous about playing with a new team in particular and playing in real D-1 College Games in general. I think he is a great kid who will end up being a very good basketball player for Iowa. My positive side would suggest that he will become a great rebounder and an offensive matchup nightmare for other teams...good grief, he is 6'9" and looks at times like a point guard. I am thrilled that he is a Hawkeye and hope Bo Ryan chokes on his attempts to undermine U's transfer.

There is nothing missing from his game. When he struggles he is trying to do much outside the offense. He will learn to relax and let the plays develop and come to him rather than try to force things.

There are times he looks lost out there while there are other times where it looks like he can take over. I'm very impressed with what Uthoff brings to the table and am pleased he switched from the dark side. **Also I love that the student section holds up the Miami U everytime Uthoff scores**

It's an unselfish team and he's an unselfish player. I think he's trying to play within the flow of the game. I can't begin to guess how many points a game he could score if the just looked to get his. He is going to be an absolute nightmare for the rest of the Big 10 for 3 years.

I could see Fran loosening the reins a bit...telling him to get his...when he takes the floor against the rodents. I would love to see a career high that night.

Agreed completely. All I can say is I am much more pleased he is wearing the Black and Gold as opposed to the Red and White.
I was thinking the same thing as I watched the game last night. At some point in his college career he probably would have beaten Iowa on a last second, clutch shot. Now he can do it to Bo Ryan. I love how he's money at the line, too.

Did anyone else notice on the ND fast break where uthoff let up? I thought it was going to end bad for the ND guy but uthoff must have decided he didn't want to risk a foul. From where I was sitting it looked like he should have went for the block. I haven't watched it again so maybe I'm wrong.

He really has great skills to bring to the team. He gets a lot of rebounds up above the crowd. He runs the floor fairly well and is a shooter. He is definitely still finding his way into games and disappears at times. But he can create his own shot, which is something we desperately lacked the last couple of years. I can see why Bo didn't want to give him up.

Next year when Marble, Basabe and McCabe are gone he will be a 30-32 minute a game guy.

I expect him to be stronger with the ball next year. In the heat of the battle he can look at little soft going after rebounds and with another year he'll be a real force IMO.

personally, from what I've seen, he has stronger handles than White. I know it hasn't looked like it early in some games, but I think that is more from JU playing timid more than his hands. Guys got some mitts on him. I think he's a lot like AW with a better overall offensive skill set. He'll be stronger with the ball as the season progresses

Sign me up as a big Jarrod Utah fan. He is just going to get better as the year goes on. Unbelievable skill-set for 6-10. He and Marble are going to close out a lot of games this year at the line. Utah gimme two! (I know his last name is Uthoff)

Sign me up as a big Jarrod Utah fan. He is just going to get better as the year goes on. Unbelievable skill-set for 6-10. He and Marble are going to close out a lot of games this year at the line. Utah gimme two! (I know his last name is Uthoff)

^
YES! Gonna say that every time he gets the ball now

"Right around that corner is a sandwich shop they sell meatball sandwiches. Best I’ve ever tasted. Would you go and get me two? Come on, partner. Two."

Uthoff hitting a buzzer beater in Madison to win is something I want to happen badly.

Actually, winning by 20 in Madison with Uthoff going off for 30 would be more preferable since I like living.

I expect him to be stronger with the ball next year. In the heat of the battle he can look at little soft going after rebounds and with another year he'll be a real force IMO.

He definitely needs to eat a cheeseburger or 20. What is he like 1% bodyfat?

Latest posts