Uthoff

Reminds me a lot of Matt Bullard. When he stops thinking and starts playing more aggressively offensively, he'll remind me even more of Bullard.

Can't recall any other Iowa player of the last 30 years in this Bullard-Uthoff mold. The guy is going to be playing basketball for money for a long, long time.

Uthoff hitting a buzzer beater in Madison to win is something I want to happen badly.

Actually, winning by 20 in Madison with Uthoff going off for 30 would be more preferable since I like living.

Making the trip up to Madison for this game. The main reason we booked it is the Uthoff factor and the atmosphere is going to be unreal inside the Kohl Center.

4 weeks from Sunday!!!

Uthoff needs to learn to rebound with both hands and move his feet more opposed to reaching for his boards. It was killing me watch him slip up on these basic fundamentals in the ND game.

Reminds me a lot of Matt Bullard. When he stops thinking and starts playing more aggressively offensively, he'll remind me even more of Bullard.

Can't recall any other Iowa player of the last 30 years in this Bullard-Uthoff mold. The guy is going to be playing basketball for money for a long, long time.

what I've been sayin, man

welcome to the utoff wagon

put 20lbs on him and another year of game experience, and he's a monster

I would like to see him take more of those open 3s! He sure passes up a lot of them, in favor of putting it on the floor and heading to the hoop. A couple of times this year, it has paid off, in either collecting a foul, or a basket or both... but MUCH more often it has become into a turnover.

I wonder if it is a confidence issue? He's proven that he can make those shots. He needs to SHOOT them more often.

sometimes I wish he had Jok's attitude about taking those shots, and Jok had Uthoff's attitude!

I like virtually all of the posts in this thread. Jarrod has been a great addition to this team and I think he'll only get better. Three observations:

- Without knowing him personally, my sense is that with two years primarily of classwork and no pressure for practice or the grind of a 20-25 game season he has been able to mature in other ways. For me the jump from sophomore to junior year was a big one and I looked at things differently. Perhaps it's the same for him. I don't think you'll see him panic or lose focus during tight games, and perhaps he can be the player that next year (even this one) will help keep teammates organized and focused.

- As has been noted, his hands fail him at times. He dropped some passes and mishandled some rebounds the other night that you would expect a big man to control. As he gains strength, adds pounds and gets in game condition, I expect he'll improve in that area.

- Don't know that he'll ever be strong or solid enough to play the 5, I don't think that's his natural position, and I don't think this staff will put him in it.

Big fan of Uthoff's game. He creates mismatches and is very smart. He's going to keep getting better and I think we'll see him in the game down the stretch, especially since his FT shooting is outstanding.

Making the trip up to Madison for this game. The main reason we booked it is the Uthoff factor and the atmosphere is going to be unreal inside the Kohl Center.

4 weeks from Sunday!!!

I can't wait to see Bo's reaction every time Uthoff run past him every time he scored. He knows that court by heart.

Latest posts