Uthoff Waiting For His Shot - whotv.com

HawkeyeHypnosis

HAWKEYE BASKETBALL: Uthoff Waiting For His Shot | WHOTV.com

Cant wait to have the shooting of Uthoff and Jok. From article:

There’s a reason Ryan didn’t want the Cedar Rapids Jefferson alum facing Wisconsin twice a season.

Uthoff says he’s happy where he is, “I feel really settled in, everybody’s great here. The whole team gets along; it’s just a great atmosphere to be a part of.”

Last edited:
Uthoff is the biggest get for next yr...he will give true depth behind marble at the 3 and allow marble to play the 2 more. He also has the height to play the 4 at times and stretch defenses with his shot.

Jok will be the biggest get in the long run (4 yr career - imo) but for immediate help next yr it is uthoff and the versatility he will bring. I think he will have a huge day against wisky just to stick it to bo. And bo would be the type of guy that might snub him on a handshake.

From everything that i hear, playing Jarrod at the 4 is a bad idea. He might have the height for it, but that doesn't mean it is a good fit for him. He is more of a shooter and someone who is good at running baseline to baseline. I think this helps more because it allows White to play at the 4 and stay at the 4. Plus it makes us more of a threat from deep. We will have 6 players who are a threat from behind the line *and by threat I mean capable of shooting over 35% from behind the arc*. You could do a small lineup of Clemmons or Gesell at the point, Jok Marble or Gesell at the 2, Marble Jok or Uthoff at the 3, Uthoff White or McCabe at the 4 and 5. That would be able to spread out the other team, but would have absolutely no interior defense. Interesting all the possibilities there will be though.

Latest posts