Uthoff on Pistons Summer League Roster

Good for JU!

That's 3 Hawks on summer league rosters, Cook - Denver, Jok - Ortlando, and Jarrod.

NBA BOX SCORE

Pistons beat Croatia 96-80.

Jarrod Uthoff POSITIONPF
MINUTES IN GAME 18
POINTS 5
FIELD GOALS MADE 2
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 6
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 33.3
THREE POINTERS MADE 1
THREE POINTERS ATTEMPTED 4
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 25.0
FREE THROWS MADE 0
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 0
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 0.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 0
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 3
REBOUNDS 3
ASSISTS 3
TURNOVERS 0
STEALS 1
BLOCKS 1
PERSONAL FOULS 0
PLUS/MINUS 7

The Pistons second game is scheduled for Saturday at 2:30 central time on ESPNU.

Not sure it it will be affected by the earthquake.

Pistons beat Portland by 20 in second game.

JU has started both games.

Jarrod Uthoff POSITIONPF
MINUTES IN GAME 20
POINTS 11
FIELD GOALS MADE 4
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 7
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 57.1
THREE POINTERS MADE 2
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 50.0
FREE THROWS MADE 1
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 1
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE0 100.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 2
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 3
REBOUNDS 5
ASSISTS 1
TURNOVERS 1
STEALS 2
BLOCKS 0
PERSONAL FOULS 0
PLUS/MINUS +16

JU's opportunities are going to start narrowing. He's a guy that can play defense, rebound, and shoot the three...at some point he has to make a roster spot. He's just a bit of a tweener...maybe not quick enough to guard a three and not big enough to muscle up with a power 4.

Keep hitting threes...that's a key...everyone wants someone who can knock down threes off the bench.

JU's opportunities are going to start narrowing. He's a guy that can play defense, rebound, and shoot the three...at some point he has to make a roster spot. He's just a bit of a tweener...maybe not quick enough to guard a three and not big enough to muscle up with a power 4.

Keep hitting threes...that's a key...everyone wants someone who can knock down threes off the bench.

I don't think it is his skill set. I think it is his confidence. Not going to put the "soft" label on him, but he needs to get mentality tougher. Full disclosure, I am basing this on his Iowa days not where he is at now(which could be completely different).

JU's 3rd game is today, Monday, at 4 PM central time on ESPNU.

I agree with the thought that JU is a bit of a tweener. Not really big and strong enough to bang with the big boys inside not really quick enough to run with the many gazelle like small forwards in the game today. He does a lot of good things. I remember Toronto liking him because with his length and shot blocking ability he could defend the three. What he really needs to do is be a deadeye shooter from deep, I believe that's his ticket. I think he has it in him but he has to show it on a consistent basis. Maybe he just doesn't want to go back to Russia?

JU has by far his best game in the summer league. Pistons beat the Pacers 102-84.

Jarrod Uthoff POSITION PF
MINUTES IN GAME 21
POINTS 17
FIELD GOALS MADE 6
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 9
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 66.6
THREE POINTERS MADE 2
FREE THROWS MADE 3
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 4
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 75.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 2
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
TOTAL REBOUNDS 3
ASSISTS 2
TURNOVERS 1
STEALS 4
BLOCKS 3
PERSONAL FOULS 2
PLUS/MINUS +31

Last edited:
JU has by far his best game in the summer league. Pistons beat the Pacers 102-84.

MINUTES IN GAME 21
POINTS 17
FIELD GOALS MADE 6
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 66.6
THREE POINTERS MADE 2
FREE THROWS MADE 3
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 4
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 75.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 2
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
TOTAL REBOUNDS 3
ASSISTS 2
TURNOVERS 1
STEALS 4
BLOCKS 3
PERSONAL FOULS 2
PLUS/MINUS +31

4 steals and 3 blocks in 21 minutes is pretty impressive to go along with the decent offensive numbers. Looks like the whole starting unit played well together. All 5 of them were at least +25 on the game while the bench all posted a negative +/-.

JU has another good game as the Pistions remain undefeated with a 15 point win over Philly.

JU was guarding the PG at the top of the key for a good part of the second half.

MINUTES IN GAME 22
POINTS 13
FIELD GOALS MADE 5
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 9
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 55.5
THREE POINTERS MADE 2
FREE THROWS MADE 1
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 2
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 50.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 2
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 3
TOTAL REBOUNDS 5
ASSISTS 1
TURNOVERS 2
STEALS 0
BLOCKS 0
PERSONAL FOULS 0
PLUS/MINUS +3

He can obviously play at the G League/Summer League level, I have to imagine he gets another shot in the NBA soon. Not many guys shooting and defending like that out there.

The Pistons lose to the Nets by 20 in the summer league playoffs.

MINUTES IN GAME 24
POINTS 12
FIELD GOALS MADE 5
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 11
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 45.4
THREE POINTERS MADE 2
THREE POINTERS ATTEMPTED 7
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 28.5
FREE THROWS MADE 0
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 0
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 0.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 0
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 3
TOTAL REBOUNDS 3
ASSISTS 3
TURNOVERS 1
STEALS 0
BLOCKS 1
PERSONAL FOULS 2
PLUS/MINUS +3

Summer league is over for JU and the Pistons.

Out of our 3 Hawks in the summer league, Jarrod seems to have the best chance of making an NBA roster this year. He had a solid performance in Vegas and seems to have his game in a good place. Does that mean it will happen? Who knows.

First he needs to get invited to the Pistons or another team's fall camp. Then he needs to make the roster. Minimum salary for a 3rd year player is $1.1M so the stakes are high.

Summer league is over for JU and the Pistons.

Out of our 3 Hawks in the summer league, Jarrod seems to have the best chance of making an NBA roster this year. He had a solid performance in Vegas and seems to have his game in a good place. Does that mean it will happen? Who knows.

First he needs to get invited to the Pistons or another team's fall camp. Then he needs to make the roster. Minimum salary for a 3rd year player is $1.1M so the stakes are high.

I appreciate all the updates, it has been interesting seeing how these guys are doing.

Latest posts