USC aftermath

HawkeyeDenis

Listening to the USC faithful. they are not buying into Clay Helton's idea that USC is going to learn a lot from this horrific beat down (my words).

Instant Analysis from Inside Troy gave a lot of credit to Iowa. They flat out slammed Clay Helton saying he didn't have the team ready. Iowa prepares like a team is supposed to. Iowa has a large support staff, their players show up ready to practice, they want to practice. Iowa prepared like a team who wants to win, USC doesn't.

USC players just watch film and the coaches just say don't do that anymore, but they never practice to avoid the mistakes. Clay Helton saying that they will learn from this beat down and next year is going to be so much better is a pipe dream. And they have Alabama next year.

My buddy in SoCal is a huge USC fan and alum. He says it's a major shit show. New chancellor and AD have no clue what they're doing. Took way too long to decide Helton's fate at season end and it killed their recruiting class. Big $ alums are saying the wallets are closed until a change is made.

My buddy in SoCal is a huge USC fan and alum. He says it's a major shit show. New chancellor and AD have no clue what they're doing. Took way too long to decide Helton's fate at season end and it killed their recruiting class. Big $ alums are saying the wallets are closed until a change is made.

I figure if he doesn’t beat Bama he’s done.

For those that were paying attention. Kirk and his staff just held a coaching clinic. And the subject was, how do you handle a hot offense? Iowa did it with long drives and good defense.

USC was beaten in all facets of the game. The one time
they caught everyone by surprise was the onside kick. And then they couldn't do anything with it. It's all the things Kirk preaches. Hard work, effort on every play. Preparation. Focus.

Iowa's offense didn't do anything that wasn't on film. Except the ISM pass that failed. It's that the USC defense was unprepared.

The USC offense couldn't deal with AJ. The double teams meant someone else got in. The backup quarterback was worried about AJ every time he touched the ball.

Big $ alums are saying the wallets are closed until a change is made.
They’ve had 5 head coaches in the last 10 years; their ship has sailed. No change is gonna help, and musical coaches is the death knell of a program. Miami, nebraska, Tennessee, Florida State is starting to do it...

I get that the old guard of the donor bases can’t come to grips with not being title contenders so they throw multi million dollar temper tantrums, but they also see everything through the homer goggles and assume that every great coach is gonna want to come play for their dumpster fire if they just throw a bunch of money at it. And then when good coaches don’t come calling, they start grasping at straws with the guru weirdo types like Mike Riley and before you know it they’re playing MAC teams in a bowl game once every two or three years.

They’ve had 5 head coaches in the last 10 years; their ship has sailed. No change is gonna help, and musical coaches is the death knell of a program. Miami, nebraska, Tennessee, Florida State is starting to do it...

I get that the old guard of the donor bases can’t come to grips with not being title contenders so they throw multi million dollar temper tantrums, but they also see everything through the homer goggles and assume that every great coach is gonna want to come play for their dumpster fire if they just throw a bunch of money at it. And then when good coaches don’t come calling, they start grasping at straws with the guru weirdo types like Mike Riley and before you know it playing MAC teams in a bowl game once every two or three years.

I mentioned Husker syndrome to him, of course he didn't care for that. ;) I'd suggest USC has a little better product to sell. LA vs Lincoln and plenty of in state talent.

USC’s 2020 recruiting class is indeed disappointing. But to clarify, they only had 12-13 spots open for new scholarship players (next year)... so they only signed 12-13 guys. This is admittedly strange and not a good sign either. But for this reason, their recruiting class is ranked “last in the Pac 12”.

I figure if he doesn’t beat Bama he’s done.

Helton might still be let go in the near future. They have the money to pay him off, they have old money and big donors who have all the pull and say. They feel entitled. I dont know anything about the current AD and president of USC but would they have hired a bad AD recently?

Face it, a lot of people knew USC made a mistake by not giving the full time job to Ogeron back after Kiffin was fired. Ogeron turned a flat team around on a dime and they played very well and he led them to 6-2. I remember reading that when Ogeron wasnt given the full time job heading into the bowl game he left and was upset. Dont blame him

and USC look where Ogeron is now, ha ha

USC’s 2020 recruiting class is indeed disappointing. But to clarify, they only had 12-13 spots open for new scholarship players (next year)... so they only signed 12-13 guys. This is admittedly strange and not a good sign either. But for this reason, their recruiting class is ranked “last in the Pac 12”.
Even if you remove the amount of recruits element, it' still a bad class. Their average star rating is historically low for them.

Listening to the USC faithful. they are not buying into Clay Helton's idea that USC is going to learn a lot from this horrific beat down (my words).

Instant Analysis from Inside Troy gave a lot of credit to Iowa. They flat out slammed Clay Helton saying he didn't have the team ready. Iowa prepares like a team is supposed to. Iowa has a large support staff, their players show up ready to practice, they want to practice. Iowa prepared like a team who wants to win, USC doesn't.

USC players just watch film and the coaches just say don't do that anymore, but they never practice to avoid the mistakes. Clay Helton saying that they will learn from this beat down and next year is going to be so much better is a pipe dream. And they have Alabama next year.

Instant Analysis from Inside Troy

Nice

And F that octogenarian in the video.

He’s stroked out with delusion; like I mentioned before, these silly fuckin goombas think they’re actually a good team that happened to shit the bed instead of a mediocre team that got beat by a better one.

USC fans —> Scott Frost called and said he wants you to come over and check out his new Bryan Adams CD and watch Friends.

Latest posts