USA Today Article

When Matty finally beats Kirk and they win more than 7 games, then maybe we can start talking about them being on Iowa's level.

I guess because both schools won 8 games last year the author comes to that conclusion. I guess Iowa has reached or is about to reach Michigan's level as both schools won 8 games last year. Come to think about it, we beat them the last time we played so we've surpassed them.

"but there remains a distinct gap in historical success"...ummm, yeah dickhead. When one Iowa QB has more bowl wins than their program...I'd say, there is a "distinct gap". That's like saying Kim Kardashian's ass is somewhat large.

Iowa State is gaining ground on Alabama too after last season, you could make that connection to almost any team because ISU improved their record and won 8 games while Alabama stayed roughly the same (at/near the top, even though Alabama has no room to improve). A team that went from 0-12 to 1-11 would be "gaining ground" on a team that went 10-2 both years as their record improved but the others did not. It's a ridiculously dumb argument.

at first I thought this was about toughest home field advantages... realized quickly ...it was something else.

LOL. So did I. I then went to read the article and saw Oregon St. at #1 and thought wtf. I thought, well, I've never been out there so don't know much about their stadium. I then saw Duke and Vandy next and thought, I better reread the title of the article.

By toughest places to win, I thought at first they were talking about Half Price Stadium. Then I realized the guy had a clue and meant that the Clowns will always be Clowns and little brother will always be little brother.

To be honest, i didnt find it to be all that alarming. Anything above their avg of terrible would be closing the gap for the clowns. Its ok for ISU to have the table scraps. Goal should be for the Hawks to ramp it up to avg 9-10 wins a year and let ISU be happy with their 7 or 8. Campbell at ISU might be your test case for how long a promising young coach would stay at Iowa. For all those who want the next best thing. Pay attention to the career coaching path for Campbell in the future.

Latest posts