Updates from Basketball Banquet

Helped coach my son in youth baseball. About the time he was 11, he wasn't listening to me about something. I went to another coach of our team and said, could you tell me son abc? He replied, only if you tell my son xyz. We both nodded and went on our way. :)

too, too funny.

Cordell probably already knows what Tyler's plans are and I'm surprised the media didn't try to catch Cordell with his guard down if Tyler wasn't talking. Maybe that's why Cordell's interview was a little terse. Even if Cook leaves he's still going to be battling Kreiner, among others, for minutes and once Ryan finally got healthy late in the year he seemed to move ahead of Cordell on the pecking order.

Look, Cordell was the BMOC for two state championship teams and a runner up. This is probably the first time he has had to fight for something on a basketball court. He can respond one of two ways. And it will probably tell us something about Cordell.

yep, this can so often be the case. having said that, i think it's pretty straight forward for pemsl. develop a reliable jumper out to the ft line. that really should be no problem for him, based on his HS film where he could make the 3 pnt shot. in fact, i was surprised last season when he didn't shoot from the perimeter. he needs to in '18. if he does, then he could be a fairly good scorer. he does have moves under the rim and he can take it from the wing to get to the rim. however, everyone has just backed off him 5 feet to take away his dribble drive.

I still don't think cook is "good as gone". I think hes gonna be in for a few wake-up calls from nba scouts

Maybe deep down hes just a baby who wants attention and to be appreciated. So he acts like hes leaving and people beg him to stay and that we will suck without him. Not saying it's true but also wouldn't put it past a 20 year old.

i agree. cook is a highly intelligent kid. you can just tell by the way he answers questions in a thoughtful manner. i personally think he's an excellent teammate, also. he seems like the "class clown" in the bunch, the one always playing pranks. he has work to do and i think he's nba ready next season. sure hope he comes back.

Latest posts