UPDATED: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

DuffMan

This is the official thread of Adam's assault on the Iowa shot blocking record books. I'll keep everyone up to date as Adam takes down the all-time Iowa shot blocking record.

Game 1: 3 blocks, 3 down, 355 to go.
Game 2: 1 block, rollin rollin rollin, keep them blocks a flowin, on the record books yer showin, white guy.
Game 3: 1 block, he's the next Dikembe Mikabe Balony Ikembe Domo Arigato Mr. Robato Mutumbo
Game 4: 1 block, like the Orlando city council, he's blocking a Gardener
Game 5: 0 blocks, this is just an apparition, he'll block a ****-load next game
Game 6: 1 block, its a real Shocker he only got one block tonight
Game 7: 3 blocks, Va Tech took 61 shots, Woody got his hands on 3 of em
Game 8: 0 blocks, Gabe had 3 but they were all "garbage blocks"
Game 9: 1 block, what does Woody have in common with South Dakota State's Karim Rowson? 1 block.
Game 10: 0 blocks, at least we beat them Clowns!
Game 11: 0 blocks, State champs mother****ers!
Game 12: 0 blocks, SC State's mascot is not the Gamecocks, but they cockblocked the shotblock.
Game 13: 0 blocks, they game planned around Woody and didn't attempt a shot while he was playing.
Game 14: 1 block, solid B10 debut
Game 15: 0 blocks, 2 blocks in the last 8 games, I'm sensing a pattern here...
Game 16: 0 blocks, Jim Burr's poor officiating clearly cost Woody a block or two, or eleven.

Season total: 12 blocks, .75 blocks per game, 3rd on the team in blocks.

Last edited:
Re: OFFICIAL: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

Is the battery on the meter dead?

Lol, this goes back to when we were giving Duff a hard time on his block prediction for Woody before the season. I knew this thread was coming eventually.

I think Woody is doing about what I expected. He has had good games and bad games. We knew he would struggle in the Big.

Hey, Duff, back off the snarky posts. Adam's a talented athlete and is doing a great job for a freshman. I don't mind him getting a lot of minutes. He needs the experience and seasoning to compete in the conference.

I think Woody is doing about what I expected. He has had good games and bad games. We knew he would struggle in the Big.

Against Good competition, will the up and down continue?

Try horrid games. He's weak and can't hold on to the ball. He's 7 feet tall and can't make a 4 foot shot. What 7 footer goes 16 games into a season without a dunk?

As a freshman, of course it will. As he gains seasoning you'd expect to see more ups and fewer downs.

There is no up and down. He is consistent against B1G type of teams. If you want to dance, he needs to pick up his strength and experience in practice.

Oh my GAWD!!!! Woodbury should have went to North Carolina, damn he sucks!!!!!!

Honestly, what is the point of this?

Is this the taunting of our freshman center for some sort of perceived underperformance?

This is just stupid.

Going into the year I knew games against Michigan State would be tough on Woodbury this year. Be patient with this kid

Honestly, what is the point of this?

Is this the taunting of our freshman center for some sort of perceived underperformance?

This is just stupid.

And from a mod (!) and apparently (at least he claims to be) a basketball official. #donotgetoneithercount

Latest posts