Update on Marcus Paige

Its nice to see the effort is supremely there(and to hear, sadly, that it wasnt there with Lickliter is confirmation of the disaster we had), and that this coach and his staff will do all it can to out work others. It will take time, but persistence, perseverance, and permanance will win out.

I talked with someone yesterday that is very close to the Linn Mar basketball program and he confirmed that Paige himself really likes the Iowa coaching staff. I did not ask him about any other schools, because I did not want to hear the answer. He said Marcus is by far more interested in Iowa compared to any of the other talented kids that have come out of Linn Mar in recent years. He also said that in coaching circles, it sounds like Olglesby wants to be a hawk and it may happen soon. Also said that Adam Woodbury is huge Hawk fan and that he may be a Hawk as well.

Take it for what it is worth because it is second or maybe third hand information, but it is positive information none the less! I think many of us would love for this group of kids to band together to get the Hawks back on the map!

I ike that Fran and the staff have been busy this summer. If anyone is going to get this ship turned around, it's going to be Fran.

I talked with someone yesterday that is very close to the Linn Mar basketball program and he confirmed that Paige himself really likes the Iowa coaching staff. I did not ask him about any other schools, because I did not want to hear the answer. He said Marcus is by far more interested in Iowa compared to any of the other talented kids that have come out of Linn Mar in recent years. He also said that in coaching circles, it sounds like Olglesby wants to be a hawk and it may happen soon. Also said that Adam Woodbury is huge Hawk fan and that he may be a Hawk as well.

Take it for what it is worth because it is second or maybe third hand information, but it is positive information none the less! I think many of us would love for this group of kids to band together to get the Hawks back on the map!

This info is consistent with what I have heard.

This info is consistent with what I have heard.

Sometimes it just takes a little momentum in recruiting for kids to believe they can be a part of something positive. If they like the school and the staff that can sometimes be enough all by its self. If they see things moving in the right direction and they think they can win with the kids coming in and like the class, well that can turn things in a hurry.

Does Marcus waiting until the Summer of 2011 to make a decision help or hurt Iowa? I think it can only help Iowa's chances of landing him based on the fact that he would be able to see the style of BB Fran is going to implement at Iowa. Kansas and the other big boys are known commodities, while Iowa is unknown.

Hard work will take you a long ways, and I like what I'm hearing about this staff. That, by itself, I believe will get us better results than what we had under our last coach. It will likely still take some time, and we might not get Paige, but the effort should start to pay dividends..

If true this is great news! I don't see how the coaching staff can do anything but impress quality recruits as Coach Fran has assembled a great group of talented coaches.

Does Marcus waiting until the Summer of 2011 to make a decision help or hurt Iowa? I think it can only help Iowa's chances of landing him based on the fact that he would be able to see the style of BB Fran is going to implement at Iowa. Kansas and the other big boys are known commodities, while Iowa is unknown.

I agree 100%. He can have his choice of schools but I feel him waiting to see our style of play means we have a shot.

I agree 100%. He can have his choice of schools but I feel him waiting to see our style of play means we have a shot.

Agree. Fran and staff had a lot of catching up to do with recruits like Marcus,but the longer he waits,the better the chance that Marcus will come to see that playing bb at Iowa can be fun,exciting,and include winning in the Big Ten, the most powerful conference in the country. The continued influence of the BTN,and the finishing of that shiny new facility next June can only help sway Marcus to stay close to home.

Get Josh Oglesby next month. Then Adam Woodbury in November,then Gessel next spring,and Marcus next summer....then add Peter Jok and his big buddy from Omaha,add a Harris or two...and boom,Iowa bb is off to the races!!

I agree...Paige waiting a few months appears to be good for Iowa. Everyone knows what NC, Duke, KS have to offer but nobody knows what the new style of play will bring at Iowa. I don't think we need to put up a bunch of wins this year to impress some of the kids, we just need to have a brand of ball that the kids want to play.

I can't wait for the season to get here.

A lot of power programs after Paige. The fact he is deciding to wait tells me that he is waiting to see what happens to the Hawks this year. Play the way Fran says they are going to, and that dilligence on the recruiting trail could pay off with Paige. He would be a great building block for Iowa.

A lot of power programs after Paige. The fact he is deciding to wait tells me that he is waiting to see what happens to the Hawks this year. Play the way Fran says they are going to, and that dilligence on the recruiting trail could pay off with Paige. He would be a great building block for Iowa.

Very positive thread, we need more of these!!! Fran and staff are working extremely hard to try and change the image of Hawkeye basketball, we need patience and support and maybe a little but of luck

Latest posts