UofI Hospital and Kinnick Stadium just got vandalized tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstronHawkKing

EZ4E2tZXgAEiA6E

Channel 9 was just live at Kinnick Stadium. The rioters spray painted on the legs of the Kinnick statue (I couldn't make out what they wrote) and all over the base of the statue. They also spray painted graffiti on the bricks of Kinnick Stadium, saw a number of BLM spray painted all over and some vulgar words as well.

EZ4AaB9XkAIJ5p_

SJW Acting like it’s the Robert E. Lee statue. Shame. Are we going to see an article on this? Nope because they are committing a crime for a good reason!

This kind of action takes whatever positive feelings a person would have for supporting the protestors and throws it out the window. Nile Kinnick died a hero trying to fight against oppression. This kind of insensitiveity shows that this is a joke to some of the protestors. Searching for respect by being disrespectful doesn't work. Doesn't the stadium have security?

This kind of action takes whatever positive feelings a person would have for supporting the protestors and throws it out the window. Nile Kinnick died a hero trying to fight against oppression. This kind of insensitiveity shows that this is a joke to some of the protestors. Searching for respect by being disrespectful doesn't work. Doesn't the stadium have security?

He fought and died fighting against oppression and for equality and yet in his home state where he Won the heisman trophy 80ish years later, there is still not equality. What’s more disrespectful of his sacrifice? Some paint and foul language? Or this coaching staff seemingly acting in ways that go directly against what he died for?

He fought and died fighting against oppression and for equality and yet in his home state where he Won the heisman trophy 80ish years later, there is still not equality. What’s more disrespectful of his sacrifice? Some paint and foul language? Or this coaching staff seemingly acting in ways that go directly against what he died for?
He actually died in a training accident but I get your point I just don't agree with it. You can be upset but man you don't spray paint a state icon. If I don't hear protesters saying this was wrong and some remorse this will cause more division than unity.

The concrete may require a sand blaster. Depends on the kind of paint. I believe the statue is bronze and there are treatments for that as they need to be taken care of because of the elements.
I sure hope so Xerxes. I hope they can get all of that garbage off of there. I never thought I would see the day where Kinnick brick somewhat resembles the Berlin Wall.

I'm as liberal as they come, but law enforcement/military/political leaders need to start putting the hammer down on these protests. They can still protest of course (a right that needs to be protected under the 1st), but looting, vandalizing, breaking things, breaking laws should not/will not be tolerated. There needs to be arrests and that might result in some people possibly getting hurt if law enforcement is put at risk and they have to protect the lives of themselves and others. The protesters need to understand if they break the law, there are consequences for that. I have a feeling, that is going to happen after tonight's events in Iowa City. Things are likely to get even uglier.

Are we seriously calling this stuff protesting? Day marches, signs, non-violent non-cooperation is protesting, kids running around committing vandalism is something else. I'm seeing a lot of white kids running around smiling and having fun.

I’m willing to bet those people who did this don’t give a crap about the BLM movement. They just seized an opportunity to cause trouble much like the people looting and starting fires after peaceful protests.

From Kinnick's journal:

EZ4UZCiXkAARDKJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts