Unranked in the AP Poll

Tulane 9-1
JMU 10-0
Liberty 10-0

Does Iowa get “punished” because of their style of play by playing one these teams in a bowl game? Everything points to playing Ole Miss in Florida, but is there a scenario where this happens?

I don't even buy the weak schedule arguement. I don't see anyone from 16 on back with much of a schedule either, or at least minimal to no quality wins. It's more about the national "recognition" of the offense that keeps them from getting votes. And possibly also the perception of the Big 10 West.

I don't even buy the weak schedule arguement. I don't see anyone from 16 on back with much of a schedule either, or at least minimal to no quality wins. It's more about the national "recognition" of the offense that keeps them from getting votes. And possibly also the perception of the Big 10 West.
Hell Michigan prior to playing PSU has had a weak schedule... So yeah the media not liking Iowa is what it is...

There's no way a team that's a bad refs call away from being 9-1 with a top 5 defense should be unranked. That just has zero logic to it compared to the other schools ahead of them. I'm not saying Iowa is top 10ish. But I'd have them around 20 with how things are. It's a respect thing and if KF and Parker haven't earned that by now then just F it. Win out and see if a 10-2 team can be kept from being ranked. It's not like IL and NE are great opponents either. Dare the media still keep em out?

KF isn't one to make any references to those polls I don't think but damn I wish he or someone in the program would. That's pretty horseshit. Hell they even dropped a spot in the coaches poll for shutting out Rutgers who just gave OSU more of a fight then they wanted. Make it make sense someone

Can we even talk about a potential win in Indy? Crazy talk from a crazy fan, or ??????
Like it always is with Iowa, with their defense they always have a chance, especially later in the season.

I heard an unbelievable stat that Iowa is like 16-1 or something in the last 17 November games going back. Crazy. I may be quoting it wrong but I think it was 16-1. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

There are just a lot of haters in the media about Iowa. Some examples of teams ranked in the AP poll:

Utah: 7-3. doesn't have a win against a current top 25 team.
Tulane 9-1. has beaten their last 3 opponents (Rice, East Carolina, Tulsa) by a combined 7 points
James Madison 10-0. Does have a "signature" win against Virginia, but is ineligible for bowl games unless there aren't enough .500 pct win teams.
Notre Dame 7-3. I swear they are the anti-Iowa and media loves them. I guess they beat Duke and maybe that means something.
Tennessee 7-3. They did beat 6-4 Kentucky.
North Carolina 8-2. Their last 3 games against FBS opponents. 1-2 with losses to Virginia and Georgia Tech and a 2 point win against mighty Duke.
Kansas St. 7-3. The Wildcats boast about 2 wins against bowl eligible teams: Troy and UCF.
Oklahoma St. 7-3. Does have a win against Oklahoma. But has been beaten by UCF and South Alabama by a combined score of 79-10. Their other loss, a road loss in Ames if you want a comp game.
Liberty 10-0. So Liberty is probably going undefeated this year. But, best win is against New Mexico St. I guess in the logic of would you rather give the undefeated G5 team a BCS spot over Tulane, here is your team. But at least if that's your logic, you'd rank them over Tulane. Best win is a home win against New Mexico St. in September.

I think the playoff committee is going to be moving Iowa up higher as long as they win games. Really, any 10-2 team should be in high consideration for an NY6 game. The Hawkeyes lack a great win, but what they are starting to amass is a lot of wins against (bad) bowl bound teams. If you take away the terrible Minnesota call, this team would really be in the drivers seat for an NY6 game.

My opinion is I'm tired of finding us in the rankings and then disappointed when we drop out. We've got two games left. We win either and I'm guessing we'll be ranked for the Conference Championship to boost the ratings then drop out afterwards. Still a chance we find ourselves there and at the end of the year, but although I'd like to say we deserve to be ranked, but I think those that are ahead of us deserve it every bit as much as we do.

Sagarin and Massey takes all the bias out of it

Sagarin rates Iowa's schedule as the 27th hardest, Massey as the 20th hardest. The only poll that matters in today's world are the CFB playoff ones.

Sagarin and Massey takes all the bias out of it

Sagarin rates Iowa's schedule as the 27th hardest, Massey as the 20th hardest. The only poll that matters in today's world are the CFB playoff ones.
Iowa has the 51st ranked schedule actually

Totally agree. Week schedule and uninspiring offense? Yeah. But 8-2 and leading a major conference division? Heck, one atrocious call away from 9-1. Pretty insane.

The media just doesn’t like Iowa’s style of football.
It’s not about style. It’s about beating absolutely nobody. And we need to quit whining about the Minnesota game because even if the crap call wasn’t there, we didn’t deserve the win. You don’t count on special teams td’s. The entire reality is that we have absolutely no business being discussed about being in a pl until we are actually competitive in an indy game

Latest posts