Unpopular Opinion, Change My Mind...

Fryowa

Administrator
Grilled steaks at my house last night for a buddy who helped me with some home costruction projects. He brought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year over. I don't drink but he kept harpning and harping on me to taste that shit. I already knew from back in the day that Scotch is putrid, but he kept on so I took a sip.

I'm sorry fellas, Scotch is salty rubbing alcohol mixed with concentrated Pall Mall bong water and a drop each of red and yellow food coloring.

People who say peat and alcohol taste good together are liars trying to convince themselves they're refined. Even you snobs out there know I'm right; you just won't admit it.

Grilled steaks at my house last night for a buddy who helped me with some home costruction projects. He brought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year over. I don't drink but he kept harpning and harping on me to taste that shit. I already knew from back in the day that Scotch is putrid, but he kept on so I took a sip.

I'm sorry fellas, Scotch tastes like salty rubbing alcohol mixed with concentrated Pall Mall bong water and a drop each of red and yellow food coloring.

People who say peat and alcohol taste good together are liars trying to convince themselves they're refined. Even you snobs out there know I'm right; you just won't admit it.
Seems a bit harsh, Fry…

I'm sorry fellas, Scotch tastes like salty rubbing alcohol mixed with concentrated Pall Mall bong water and a drop each of red and yellow food coloring.

Perhaps you should have tired the King of Scotches

1684355356871.png

As they say

Back in the Day, it was under $10 a bottle

In the same league as Thunderbird Wine, $4.49 a bottle in the Good Olde Days

1684355562401.png

Two parts Tito’s, 1 part Kahlua, lots of ice, sip slowly. Favorite beers : Amber Bock, Shiner Bock, LaBatt Blue, Yuengling, and an old PBR!

I specifically drink Scotch if I'm drinking brown liquor due to the burn. My family is loaded with alcoholics and I have something genetic that lets me put down any American or Canadian product like it is Kool-Aid on a hot summer day. I cannot drink Scotch like my ass is on fire, though. Which is good.

I specifically drink Scotch if I'm drinking brown liquor due to the burn. My family is loaded with alcoholics and I have something genetic that lets me put down any American or Canadian product like it is Kool-Aid on a hot summer day. I cannot drink Scotch like my ass is on fire, though. Which is good.
I drink virgin Marys like they're goin outta style. I cut 'em with water in place of the vodka and they honestly taste better.

--Campbell's tomato juice from the #3 tin can

--Shot of dill pickle juice

--Teaspoon Worcestershire

--Healthy dusting of celery salt

--Fresh cracked black pepper

--Squeeze of lemon juice

--6-8 man-sized shakes of Tabasco

--Shot of cold water

--3 Jalapeno-stuffed olives

--Claussen dill pickle spear

--Rim lined with a mixture of 1 part Tajin seasoning and 1 part Old Bay. Crucial...

I had the same experience with Scotch initially. One of my attendings was a big Scotch guy and would always push it when were out as a group. At first I didn't care for it at all, but, slowly, it kind of grew on me. Eventually, I caught the bug. Just had some last night.

That said, the type of Scotch is important, at least for me. I'm not a big fan of several popular brands, such as Lagavulin. Laphroaig is hugely popular...I dumped out 2/3 of a bottle a few years ago. Couldn't stand it. The "Glens" aren't too bad.

My go to (by far) is Macallan. I love the 18, but it's usually close to $200.00 a bottle so I drink the 12 regularly. It's a slight drop-off but the price is at least reasonable.

I drink virgin Marys like they're goin outta style. I cut 'em with water in place of the vodka and they honestly taste better.

--Squeeze of lemon juice

--Shot of cold water

--Rim lined with a mixture of 1 part Tajin seasoning and 1 part Old Bay. Crucial...
Damn! I'll have to try.

I had the same experience with Scotch initially. One of my attendings was a big Scotch guy and would always push it when were out as a group. At first I didn't care for it at all, but, slowly, it kind of grew on me. Eventually, I caught the bug. Just had some last night.

That said, the type of Scotch is important, at least for me. I'm not a big fan of several popular brands, such as Lagavulin. Laphroaig is hugely popular...I dumped out 2/3 of a bottle a few years ago. Couldn't stand it. The "Glens" aren't too bad.

My go to (by far) is Macallan. I love the 18, but it's usually close to $200.00 a bottle so I drink the 12 regularly. It's a slight drop-off but the price is at least reasonable.
1684505570854.png

istockphoto-586376090-612x612.jpg

I'm not much of a liquor drinker, but when I do, it's typically Jameson. A double. Accompanied by a Stella chaser.

--Squeeze of lemon juice

--Shot of cold water

Damn...
Sounds so good Im going out for the ingredients now!

Latest posts