Uniforms

Put me in this camp: If the team plays well, it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's, and the X's and the O's.. Not the uniforms.

That said, not a fan of the grays. Too bland for my taste. Our black and gold roadies look great IMO, and I don't mind the home whites given a good design using the black and gold effectively.

As for the "special" yellow jerseys.. I think they should use actual GOLD like they had in the 90's rather than Tweety Bird/highlighter yellow.

These looked much nicer IMO:

Street.jpg

Put me in this camp: If the team plays well, it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's, and the X's and the O's.. Not the uniforms.

That said, not a fan of the grays. Too bland for my taste. Our black and gold roadies look great IMO, and I don't mind the home whites given a good design using the black and gold effectively.

As for the "special" yellow jerseys.. I think they should use actual GOLD like they had in the 90's rather than Tweety Bird/highlighter yellow.

These looked much nicer IMO:

Street.jpg

Without a doubt! Thanks for the pic.! These are stunning and by far the best!!

I couldn't imagine caring what the uniforms look like outside of making it physically difficult to watch the game (highlighter yellow, etc.)
They wore white home jerseys in 1989 with gold "Iowa" across the front and gold numbers on the front and back.

Those gold numbers on those white uniforms were hard to see in TV, not much better in person.

Davis like to give his seniors some creative freedom on designing the uniforms from year to year. I liked the 1993 uniforms from Chris Streets last year.

I hated the checkerboard black and white patterns on the ones from the year before. And the numbers on the front were barely readable.

Iowa should bring the script uniforms full time. The uniforms we have now are pretty bad, the Iowa font looks like it's for NASCAR.

The women have much better uniforms than the men.

Anyone else not a fan of those? I think it's the 2nd time we've worn those and frankly I can't stand them.. I'm curious if anyone actually likes them or not
I like my grey hair, I love whatever the gift God Gave me. Hawkeyes got the gift of two wins in Grey, I love the grey uniforms.

I don't like the gray ones.
Remember that brain trick where you stare at the mis-colored US flag for a minute - then every time you shut your eyes you see the Red, White & Blue as it should be?
It was as if my brain kept tying to see Iowa black & gold...but it just wasn't there.
In the end it really doesn't matter as long as the players like them.