UNI Pregame

TrustKF

I don't know much about how the have looked so far this year, but I do know that they lost quite a few key pieces from last season. Anyone want to share what they know about the Panthers? Also predictions to how Iowa will perform and what are the keys to getting the win.

I say Iowa comes out fired up and ready to put their new style into full effect against the in-state teams. Iowa 78, UNI 57

UNI is very good about imposing their will in terms of pace.

ISU probably wanted to push the ball but UNI slowed them down and beat the Clones. I expect them to have a similar plan against the Hawks.

I have a good feeling about this one. I don't see a twenty point win but I do think we will win in a close one.

I don't see you guys winning against Iowa, UNI is really good at slowing the game down to their tempo.

And it is extremly boring to watch.

UNI is starting to find its groove. they beat then 6-0 ISU and won at TCU. it was the only win for the MVC in the MWC/MVC Challenge.

Kwadzo had 25 on Saturday after really playing poorly to start the year. he loves the stepback/pullup J but is streaky. Moran is healthy and playing well. Kerwin Dunham has Plantar Fasciitis which has moved Anthony James into the starting lineup, where he should have been all along. he is averaging 12 ppg and will be the fastest player on the floor. Sonnen and occasionally Morrison come off the bench and play great defense, take charges, and hit the 3 once in awhile.

O'Rear and Jake Koch start in the post but Koch hangs around the perimeter alot. They run their offense through the post because they are great passers. we do not want to double o'rear because he will find the open shooter. he is known as a rough and tumble player but it very talented despite his lack of height. Austin Pehl is a RS Soph project from cedar falls who has great size but limited offense. he will block shots and get boards though. freshman Chip Rank (former Iowa/Wisconsin QB recruit) will back up in the post as well, but as we saw in PTL he can really shoot the ball.

UNI does not have the offense to run and gun, but that is not their style. they play phenomenal individual and team defense. they know where their teammates are going to be and guard accordingly. i see a 4-5 point UNI win with scores in the 50's.

UNI will dictate tempo, they're fundamentally sound and know their roles in their system. They will hit threes if you lay off of them and make free throws. They play good team defense and will make you shoot a low percentage.

O Rear is a beast and he will probably kill Iowa on the boards. Hezbollah or whatever that guys name is can get in to the lane at will against any of Iowa's guards.

Prediction: UNI 65-Iowa 63. I think its going to be a tight game neither team is going to blow each other out.

I like the hawks chances. UNI can't stretch the floor as far as they did last year and their bench is not nearly as deep. If we play disciplined defense like we did the last 5 minutes of the Idaho St game for most of this game we win comfortably. Hawks 69-54.

Whenever I have watched UNI the past few years they have played tough for the full 40 minutes. They won't beat themselves and they won't give us easy points. I think this will be a tough game and my biggest concern is if the Hawks can play with the intensity needed to compete for the entire game. I expect us to have 1 or 2 scoring droughts and we can't afford to panic when that happens. If we give up another big run like we have the past 2 games then that significantly reduces our chances of a W.

I don't expect us to shoot well and I don't expect UNI to play poorly and give us the game. Here are my keys:

- Take care of the ball (Less than 12 TO?)
- Win the FT battle (Make more than them)
- Win the rebound battle (don't give UNI 2nd chance points)

If we do those 3 things and make them work for their buckets then I think we can pull out the win.

Iowa can definitely win this game. But not if they have a scoring drought like they did against WF and Idaho State. This team needs to learn to play a full game. No time like the present to figure that out.

I'll put up my prediction/preview later on, but this game is much more winnable than I thought it would be preseason.

Tie in the fact that UNI has only won once inside Carver....

UNI has more experience, more quality depth, more discipline, and more outside shooters. UNI could be hurt inside, but that isn't Iowa's strength yet.

My wife's alma mater beats mine by at least 8.

UNI has more experience, more quality depth, more discipline, and more outside shooters. UNI could be hurt inside, but that isn't Iowa's strength yet.

My wife's alma mater beats mine by at least 8.

UNI really doesn't have much depth at all. With Dunham out all of their starters played at least 32 mins against TCU and only one guy off the bench saw more than 10 mins.

They are very disciplined though, they are very hard to speed up and hopefully we don't get frustrated playing an ugly, grind it out game. I think UNI wins 63-58.

I think Iowa has a good chance in this one. UNI will try and really ugly things up. My key to the game is if Cartwright (or whoever guards Ahelgbe) can keep him out of the lane. He really makes UNI go, IMO.

I think May has a big game tonight, as he is much more athletic than basically anyone on UNI's team. If you get any sort of production from Gatens, Iowa wins easily.

I see a close game, with it being a tossup in the last minute. Whoever executes then wins.

Iowa is a much better rebounding team and Shoots the 3 slightly better than UNI. Iowa will also continue to grab offensive rebounds and get many second chance points tonight. It's also easier to dictate tempo on your own court and Iowa has that going for them tonight.

Iowa- 73
UNI- 67

Iowa is a much better rebounding team and Shoots the 3 slightly better than UNI. Iowa will also continue to grab offensive rebounds and get many second chance points tonight. It's also easier to dictate tempo on your own court and Iowa has that going for them tonight.

Iowa- 73
UNI- 67

I will be absolutely shocked if we get 70 tonight. UNI does not get into uptempo games, and they don't give up may offensive rebounds. This will be in the low 60's.