UNI or MSU?

Hawkeye101

Just curious as to who is rooting for their home-state UNI, or who is sticking with their B10 allegiance and supporting MSU?

Me...pulling for UNI. How about you?

UNI. Ali use to work for me a couple of summers ago and is just a really nice kid, so i want to see him continue his magic tricks

UNI for sure. I had to give it some pause, but I always like an underdog and even more so when they're from Iowa

UNI for sure! I really only root for other big ten teams during the bowl games, for some reason, I just don't care as much for the ncaa tourney...I enjoy upsets more!

It is hard for me to decide. UNI is my alma mater and the underdog so I sort of want to pull for them. I really just don't care though. I can't suddenly become a fan of a team that I never cared about before just because they made a little run. All of the people that did jump aboard and are talking about them when they didn't watch a single game during the regular season or follow them at all doesn't make me want to pull for them any more either.

I'm with you on that one. I also always root for the B10 teams during bowl games, but when it comes to March Madness, I'm almost always cheering for the underdog. Not sure why, but just my natural inclination.

UNI for sure! I really only root for other big ten teams during the bowl games, for some reason, I just don't care as much for the ncaa tourney...I enjoy upsets more!

My girlfriend the UNI grad has informed me that I am not welcome at her UNI party friday night if I am going to root for MSU............. so I haven't decided!

MSU. I have no allegiance to UNI just because it's in Iowa. Strong showings by the Big Ten help recruit athletes to the Big Ten. Having said that, I enjoy watching "underdogs" advance in the tourney.

UNI. I even committed the heresy of cheering for UNI while I was in the student section of CHA.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuTXyqkfUNo"]YouTube- UNI Fight![/ame]

MSU. I have no allegiance to UNI just because it's in Iowa. Strong showings by the Big Ten help recruit athletes to the Big Ten. Having said that, I enjoy watching "underdogs" advance in the tourney.

Ya, helps recruit athletes to the B10 schools that yearly dominate Iowa in basketball.

The Big Ten is already one of the most respected basketball conferences in the country. It doesn't need runs to boost recruiting anymore. All a run to the Elite by Michigan State does is help THEIR recruiting. And that's not something I'm pulling for.

Besides, MSU doesn't have too much for an inside pressence, and Lucas is out, so UNI may not even be an underdog in this one.

As a UNI alum, I'll be screaming for the Panthers.

I've been a Hawk fan since birth, and usually root for all the Big Ten schools, but it's UNI all the way for me this time around.

Latest posts