UNI just blew a 12 pt lead with :55 to go after they took a timeout

uihawk82

Hell, you dont hardly have to get the ball over the 10 second line to win that game.

3 turnovers in a matter of seconds, well if they lose that will make their experienced players look bad.

so hope they comeback and win

Throw it away under their basket? Or chuck it down court and make them bring it up, with no TO's and take clock? Can't believe it!

I've never seen a 14-2 run in under a minute. the announcers even called the game. In all my years of watching basketball I don't think I've ever seen a chokejob that bad.

Refs gave that one to A&M. It was close, but never should have gone to OT. That and 1 they gave to get it within 2 was the worst call of the tournament.

If Ben's not going to retire at UNI, he'll take a different job within a week. You don't EVER come back from a choke job like that.

Refs gave that one to A&M. It was close, but never should have gone to OT. That and 1 they gave to get it within 2 was the worst call of the tournament.

Whistle didn't come until it was assured to bounce thru the net. That was the complete antithesis of how ref's should not (and usually try no to) contribute to outcomes.

It drove all of the trolls out of the Ben is better than Fran thread.

sorry, i am an iowa fan all my life, but jacobsen is a far better coach than Fran. If Bohannon doesn't get hurt, they win by 10. Lohaus was afraid to throw the ball in and missed wide open guys. the only criticism may be to switch to a different inbounds guy, but that is easier said than done when you have no timeouts left. The refs hosed them as well. when you can hip and knee guys out of bounds, not much you can do. That all being said, that was the worse blown game I have ever seen in over 40+ plus years of watching basketball games. Makes me sick. Now if it was iowa state, i would be ecstatic!

sorry, i am an iowa fan all my life, but jacobsen is a far better coach than Fran. If Bohannon doesn't get hurt, they win by 10. Lohaus was afraid to throw the ball in and missed wide open guys. the only criticism may be to switch to a different inbounds guy, but that is easier said than done when you have no timeouts left. The refs hosed them as well. when you can hip and knee guys out of bounds, not much you can do. That all being said, that was the worse blown game I have ever seen in over 40+ plus years of watching basketball games. Makes me sick. Now if it was iowa state, i would be ecstatic!

At the end of the day Ben J and Fran won the same number of tourney games these past 2 years.

How much criticism has there been with Fran saving TOs and when the team blew the 8 point lead at ISU.... now you see a 12 point lead blown with 40 seconds and no time outs left. Interesting.

At the end of the day Ben J and Fran won the same number of tourney games these past 2 years.

How much criticism has there been with Fran saving TOs and when the team blew the 8 point lead at ISU.... now you see a 12 point lead blown with 40 seconds and no time outs left. Interesting.

I will still take a team that looks like it belongs from a mid major conference vs. a team that clearly looks like it doesn't belong from a major conference( 2 absolutely pitiful performances the last 2 years vs. gonzaga and today vs. villanova. Both were pathetic. clearly UNI's game will go down as the biggest blown lead in NCAA history in such a short time. that can't be argued. Also you can't forget they dominated the whole game and iowa was out of both games within 10 minutes. yes, a loss is a loss is a loss

I will still take a team that looks like it belongs from a mid major conference vs. a team that clearly looks like it doesn't belong from a major conference( 2 absolutely pitiful performances the last 2 years vs. gonzaga and today vs. villanova. Both were pathetic. clearly UNI's game will go down as the biggest blown lead in NCAA history in such a short time. that can't be argued. Also you can't forget they dominated the whole game and iowa was out of both games within 10 minutes. yes, a loss is a loss is a loss

If UNI, or almost anyone else for that matter, played Villanova today, they would have had similar results. They played the best offensive game and the best defensive game they have played in years. Our effort accounted for some of it, but I'm sure there were plenty of teams this year that played them as bad as we did and they didn't name the score on them. Like someone else said, they were on a mission today. We really needed to get the 6 seed we deserved because the 3 seeds are all a big drop off from Villanova.