• Tough win

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Bad loss

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • Tough loss

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe we will lose. A vote of no confidence. I based that on how whiskey couldn't easily put the down and the what I've seen in the last two iowa games.

Count me in the "tough win" crowd. I think the Hawks are better, and will only get better with each passing week, but we don't own a big advantage in athleticism to where we can just push them around or run them off the field. Conversely, expect us to have more than 68 rush yards this week. The O-line has looked good in run blocking one week, and pass blocking the next. If the pass pro gets even more work this week, look for a great game out of the line, as ISU actually appeared to have great size and quickness on the DL.

I voted tough loss because I'm trying out a different psychological strategy. In the games where I feel like we could really win, we lose...yesterday I was feeling really good about the game and thought to myself that thinking that was a big red flag. We never win when I feel confident so I'm going on record now to say we'll lose the rest of the games.

Thank me at the end of the season.

I voted tough loss because I'm trying out a different psychological strategy. In the games where I feel like we could really win, we lose...yesterday I was feeling really good about the game and thought to myself that thinking that was a big red flag. We never win when I feel confident so I'm going on record now to say we'll lose the rest of the games.

Thank me at the end of the season.

I'm on board. 1-11 here we come!

At this point I would give Iowa 60/40 odds at winning.

I actually had Iowa State winning the last game 23-20 (posted on another site)
I was surprised at how quickly Iowa's defense has improved and equally surprised how slowly things are going with the new passing game.

I think the improvement in the defense is for real. The passing game will still be somewhat painful to watch but will start to put together some drives. I still don't expect consistancy at this point. The timeing & accuracy will be a bit better and the receivers will catch a few more than they have. Hopefully we can get the running game going again as well. I also expect them to pop one or two long plays.

Score in the high teens to low twenties for both teams.

I would say that Iowa wins this one by at least a couple of TDs. I would also guess that there will be at least 7 wins this season. The others are up for grabs.