UNI 2 pt favorites tomorrow

I think the only difference between Notre Dame and ISU is the amount of open shots made. Probably a little better defense but for the most part, we played two fringe top 25 teams equal with the better shooting team that night coming out on top.
I agree with that and I'd add to it that I think Iowa's youngsters are starting to find their roles too. Keep Baer as the 6th man. Bohannon is getting more comfortable now that he knows he's the starter and will play a lot. And Moss man that kid is just all that and a bag of chips. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg so far of him. So to me if the big guys can defend and rebound (not to mention score so efficiently, as impossible as that may be for Pemsl to continue to do) they will be continue to be a tough team to play.

Not sure how this game will go, but I'd never bet against Ben Jacobson with more than a week to prepare.

I agree with that and I'd add to it that I think Iowa's youngsters are starting to find their roles too. Keep Baer as the 6th man. Bohannon is getting more comfortable now that he knows he's the starter and will play a lot. And Moss man that kid is just all that and a bag of chips. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg so far of him. So to me if the big guys can defend and rebound (not to mention score so efficiently, as impossible as that may be for Pemsl to continue to do) they will be continue to be a tough team to play.

Having a starting 5 of Williams, Jok, Baer, Uhl, and Cook with no college experience, just isn't a very good team. But having a starting lineup of 3 guys who can shoot the 3, 2 of the best offensive post players I've seen at iowa for a long time, and a 6th many who brings tons of energy is a team that can be really good. When Cook gets back, if he and Pemsl can protect the lane and get rebounds, we will either go to the tourney or barely miss it. More than likely barely miss it. We have to beat UNI tho.

ISU isn't what I'm talking about. I'm saying a less talented team who wants it more is dangerous. That is usually the case with UNI because of the in state players.

As far as 2 years ago UNI goes, this just feels different. It just seems like Pemsl, JB, and Baer care more. Maybe it's because they are so young or maybe it's because I just read an article on it. Who knows.

LMAO!!!!! By the way I agree with your point, it's just the way you stated that, that had me cracking up.

With a team this young, they will be up and down all year. Hard to tell what will happen in any given game.

If I was a betting person or had someplace to place a legal bet I would bet on Iowa. One of my concerns is the Hawks have never played a good game at Wells Fargo.

If I was a betting person or had someplace to place a legal bet I would bet on Iowa. One of my concerns is the Hawks have never played a good game at Wells Fargo.

The good thing is we only have a few players that have played meaningful minutes for Iowa at Wells. One of them being Baer who played really good.

I heard on the radio that UNI has had some injuries to key players and they are getting healthy. Can anyone add some details to that? I haven't been watching them or paying attention to their injury situation, obviously.

Not saying that Iowa is a picture of consistency or anything, but I think the Iowa State game may have open some eyes within the team...especially regarding defensive intensity. It was different against ISU...and hopefully that's something that continues to improve. If so, they beat UNI today. Iowa is going to score...so let's see how cohesive we are defensively.

I think it's more people not loving a 5 loss team

Padding your schedule with early season games against D2 schools is risky and chicken *hit, especially if you get beat. Ben Jacobson plays the best in the country. He knows come selection time a key win or two can help them get into the tournament.

Not saying that Iowa is a picture of consistency or anything, but I think the Iowa State game may have open some eyes within the team...especially regarding defensive intensity. It was different against ISU...and hopefully that's something that continues to improve. If so, they beat UNI today. Iowa is going to score...so let's see how cohesive we are defensively.
I hope ISU's trash talking duo wasn't the reason for that defensive intensity. I'd rather believe that Fran finally got through to them about the need for better defense and the players responded. We'll see.

Padding your schedule with early season games against D2 schools is risky and chicken *hit, especially if you get beat. Ben Jacobson plays the best in the country. He knows come selection time a key win or two can help them get into the tournament.
UNI schedules big games in the ooc because their conference schedule doesn't give them the big games Iowa gets in the 10.