Unforeseen chips will start to fall.

CAARHawk

Banned
This is only a point of interest for Iowa in that we can expect more of these types of situations during the next few weeks, which will Open up some intriguing recruiting opportunites.

Brandon Reed, Sun Belt Freshman of the year, has asked for his release to play somewhere else. I saw this kid play a few times last year. He is the real deal. Basically is too good for the Sun Belt. He will get a shot at a major school. Other kids will do the same, which means there might be more movement from these other schools. In other words, by no means is the 2010 recruiting season over.

Reed has not been granted his release because his coach, John Brady formerly of LSU, is mad that he gave a kid a scholly when other schools didn't and when the kid blew up he decided to bail.

This is only a point of interest for Iowa in that we can expect more of these types of situations during the next few weeks, which will Open up some intriguing recruiting opportunites.

Brandon Reed, Sun Belt Freshman of the year, has asked for his release to play somewhere else. I saw this kid play a few times last year. He is the real deal. Basically is too good for the Sun Belt. He will get a shot at a major school. Other kids will do the same, which means there might be more movement from these other schools. In other words, by no means is the 2010 recruiting season over.

Reed has not been granted his release because his coach, John Brady formerly of LSU, is mad that he gave a kid a scholly when other schools didn't and when the kid blew up he decided to bail.

That sort of **** really happens? ;)

But he couldn't play here next year, right?

Sounds familiar doesn't it? The only difference is with Reed back his team would have been a favorite to win the conference and go to the dance. Very young and promising team. Really needed a point guard though.

A little bit of payback though because Brady didn't renew another kid's scholly because he wasn't productive.

Again, I wasn't saying Reed would even consider Iowa. He is originally from Atlanta and I would think he would be looking to play at a Major closer to his home. He will have a lot of choices. I was just saying we can't expect to see some juggling still to go on over the Summer, which will end up with unexpected players becoming available.

And yes, he would not be able to play anywhere next year. Definitely no hardship issue with this one.

Latest posts