UNC academic scandal...

Paige is good, but so is Gesell. There is no doubt that Paige was more highly regarded, but that doesn't mean Gesell won't turn out better. Maybe the reason Gesell played the off guard is that he was more flexible than Paige or maybe Gesell was more of a team player than Paige. I doubt to many people will doubt that Gesell will be a quality point guard. If Gesell would of been exclusively the point guard, and Paige played both, Gesell might have been the more highly regarded of the two. Every year their are tons of football and basketball players that are considered sure bets that don't work out.
I believe they are fairly close in ability, with a slight edge to Paige at the point, but Mike might be he better scorer and his passing and intensity might make up the difference, and under Fran he will only get better.....

Paige wanted tar on his heels, now he has it, good for him. I am more than pleased to have The General on the team. Remember when Vitale used to call Knight the General. There is a new General in town now.....

:D

Last edited:
Hope that's a joke. I think Gesell will be the best PG Iowa has had in years...but Paige is a stud.

My opinion is based off of a short highlight clip of them playing against each other. In that short clip I was more impressed with Gesell and thought he outplayed Paige. Gesell will soon be on campus and I'm quite happy with that.

Lol at African American studies class. I had to listen to a kids 10min final presentation about the negative portrayal of Bubb Rubb in the media. The hardest part of that class was trying not to laugh when I saw his first slide and realized what topic he'd picked.

Lol at African American studies class. I had to listen to a kids 10min final presentation about the negative portrayal of Bubb Rubb in the media. The hardest part of that class was trying not to laugh when I saw his first slide and realized what topic he'd picked.

Whoo WHOOOOOOOOO!

is gathering steam. The evidence is mounting that student athletes at UNC that have degrees in African American Studies over the last 10 years basically have worthless degrees. At minimum there were 54 classes that were basically shams. Over 2/3rds of all enrollees in these classes were athletes. One class had only a single student...a bb player.

Time for the NCAA to get serious about their actual mission...policing academic fraud along with recruiting violations.
UNC should be firing Roy Williams and their new fb coach.
The NCAA should be banning them from postseason play for 2-3 seasons,minimum.
Marcus Paige has to wonder if he will ever play in the NCAA tourny now.
I guess I would ask a couple of questions.

If this is an accredited institution and the program is a legitimate program for any student to take, then why would they get into trouble just because classes had a lot of athletes in them. I guess if the grades were a sham or if students weren't actually doing work, that would be one thing. But there are a lot of worthless degrees, in terms of what the real world might have for a job market for them. that doesn't actually mean just because a lot of athletes are in those programs that they are cheating.

If this is an accredited institution and the program is a legitimate program for any student to take, then why would they get into trouble just because classes had a lot of athletes in them. I guess if the grades were a sham or if students weren't actually doing work, that would be one thing. But there are a lot of worthless degrees, in terms of what the real world might have for a job market for them. that doesn't actually mean just because a lot of athletes are in those programs that they are cheating.

I'm pretty sure that's the issue here.

This works out perfectly for the NCAA. They've just set the precedent with Penn St that they no longer have to follow lengthy procedures. Just swoop in and drop the hammer. Time to find out how big Mark Emmert's balls really are.

AC/DC has a song for you to listen to, i won't say it

My opinion is based off of a short highlight clip of them playing against each other. In that short clip I was more impressed with Gesell and thought he outplayed Paige. Gesell will soon be on campus and I'm quite happy with that.

serious?

they played each other here in sioux city early in the year. I really like Gesell, but Paige dominated him on both ends of the floor. Mike might have a slight shooting edge, but that's it. Paige is incredibly smooth with the ball. That said, I'm ecstatic to have Gesell on the team.

Athletes basically were found to have guaranteed B's or better in these classes ,helping them stay eligible.

Interestingly, UNC has hired Hunter Rawlings,form Iowa president,to review their academic dept/athletic dept. relationship and come up with recommendations to restore integrity to that dynamic.
Hunter,who is famous at Iowa for suggesting that Iowa step out and make frosh ineligible to play sports to improve their academic standing, left Iowa and became president at an Ivy league school.

UNC,also announced a parallel internal investigation headed up by a former Governor of North Carolina into the academic fraud that seems to have flourished over the last decade.

Seems like they might dodge the NCAA penalties but NCAA is still mum.

Latest posts