Unbiased view on Iowa 2015 edition!

smac07

Yes this is the best Iowa team to date(Obviously Excluding the NTL Championship team this season is not yet over).

You may not think, and I see that some of you do, that this is the most talented team Iowa has ever fielded but that is really a moot point. Talent is an intangible item, the 12-0 as it currently sits is the only proof needed to validate the claim. Hard core fans will very much refute this with some great information and comparisons.

BUT the discussion and argument is easily put down by saying 12-0.

Yes this is the best Iowa team to date(Obviously Excluding the NTL Championship team this season is not yet over).

You may not think, and I see that some of you do, that this is the most talented team Iowa has ever fielded but that is really a moot point. Talent is an intangible item, the 12-0 as it currently sits is the only proof needed to validate the claim. Hard core fans will very much refute this with some great information and comparisons.

BUT the discussion and argument is easily put down by saying 12-0.

Not the best Iowa team to date. Probably 3rd or 4th.

I was wondering if you were a troll. With this thread I no longer have to wonder, you are for sure a troll. My only remaining question is if you are actually a Husker fan or if you are just an Iowa fan getting your troll on.

Time will be our teacher. As a student of history, it is indeed the victors that write and record history. There are a couple of obvious questions one must ask.

1. Is the historically best team simply chosen by a collection of the greatest individual players gathered on one team regardless of record? The quick follow up question is how is that determined? College career? Pro career? You can point to the 2002 or 1985 rosters and say they were the best based on nfl careers, etc. Who is to say that there isn't a ton of nfl talent on this year's squad?

2. Is the historically best team the team with the best record? 12-0 is indeed historical. But did it just simply win more games than the other years and simply could not be as talented as 2002 and 1985? Does the eye test matter? This judging simply says best season.

3. Is the historically best team the team who finishes rated the highest at the end of the season? There are some 1950's/60's even 1920's teams that could argue at that point. The teams of the 1920's could argue for inclusion in consideration 2.

In the end this 2015 squad can argue in all three areas as there is a ton of talent, some young and developing, that could make this team finish high, finish with the most wins (check), and possess possibly some of the greatest talents in hawkeye history.

There is an excellent chance that next year's squad, if king and or Ott are back, will be the most talented and anticipated team in iowa history. Good news for hawk fans!!!

I will have to disagree. You have had much more talent it just happens that this years team had a little easier schedule then the more talented players.

I was wondering if you were a troll. With this thread I no longer have to wonder, you are for sure a troll. My only remaining question is if you are actually a Husker fan or if you are just an Iowa fan getting your troll on.

Ho
w have I been a troll at all?? I have said nothing disparaging about Iowa at all? You seem to have butt hurt issues.

Time will be our teacher. As a student of history, it is indeed the victors that write and record history. There are a couple of obvious questions one must ask.

1. Is the historically best team simply chosen by a collection of the greatest individual players gathered on one team regardless of record? The quick follow up question is how is that determined? College career? Pro career? You can point to the 2002 or 1985 rosters and say they were the best based on nfl careers, etc. Who is to say that there isn't a ton of nfl talent on this year's squad?

2. Is the historically best team the team with the best record? 12-0 is indeed historical. But did it just simply win more games than the other years and simply could not be as talented as 2002 and 1985? Does the eye test matter? This judging simply says best season.

3. Is the historically best team the team who finishes rated the highest at the end of the season? There are some 1950's/60's even 1920's teams that could argue at that point. The teams of the 1920's could argue for inclusion in consideration 2.

In the end this 2015 squad can argue in all three areas as there is a ton of talent, some young and developing, that could make this team finish high, finish with the most wins (check), and possess possibly some of the greatest talents in hawkeye history.

There is an excellent chance that next year's squad, if king and or Ott are back, will be the most talented and anticipated team in iowa history. Good news for hawk fans!!!

Now that sir is the way to pose a Lock tight post!! Bravo!

I will have to disagree. You have had much more talent it just happens that this years team had a little easier schedule then the more talented players.

Well I purposefully mentioned to Date as I am unaware of who will be returning and the bowl season still approaches, But I find it odd that so many would be so passionately adamant that this is not the best team. No Iowa team has been undefeated before in the regular season,
Best Team doesn't mean "Most talented" "World Beaters" anything like that.

Simply in terms of Iowas History, This 2015 edition has the Best Record ever put together by an Iowa team to This point in time!

Was the 72 Dolphin team better than the 85 Bears. If they played I'd go all in on the Bears. If Iowa was 11-1 would you argue it's the best team.

Was the 72 Dolphin team better than the 85 Bears. If they played I'd go all in on the Bears. If Iowa was 11-1 would you argue it's the best team.

Perhaps not since they wouldnt be 12-0.....i don't know why it is so hard to consider this squad as the best ever.....can you provide evidence that they are not?

Perhaps not since they wouldnt be 12-0.....i don't know why it is so hard to consider this squad as the best ever.....can you provide evidence that they are not?
Special and dominating teams can mean different things. If Iowa won 12 straight games and every win was on a last minute field goal would you say they're the best team ever? This might end up as Iowa's most successful season but I'd argue saying it's the best.

I'd say the 2002 team was the best, woulda went undefeated but then Seneca Wallace stepped in, and we all know what happened after that.

Special and dominating teams can mean different things. If Iowa won 12 straight games and every win was on a last minute field goal would you say they're the best team ever? This might end up as Iowa's most successful season but I'd argue saying it's the best.

I'm not ready to crown it best ever either actually...three more wins and it will be without a doubt the best ever. No one would be able to argue that. For now, being in the discussion is all any team can hope for.2015, 2002, 1985..any team.

Ho
w have I been a troll at all?? I have said nothing disparaging about Iowa at all? You seem to have butt hurt issues.

Who says you have to disparage someone to be a troll? Why am I butt hurt for calling you a troll?

You started posting here a day ago, have racked up nearly 50 posts, but yeah, I'm sure you are just here cause you love you some Hawks.....

Who says you have to disparage someone to be a troll? Why am I butt hurt for calling you a troll?

You started posting here a day ago, have racked up nearly 50 posts, but yeah, I'm sure you are just here cause you love you some Hawks.....

I got the same treatment when i first started posting here.....you'll have an opinion when we say you can. Come on. Let someone earn your disdain first.

This guy's rambling posts are annoying and they are all the same. Where's Hawknick when you need him? Man that guy truly had some insight.

I got the same treatment when i first started posting here.....you'll have an opinion when we say you can. Come on. Let someone earn your disdain first.

I'm not so sure why JD lets guys back in Alt form.....but whatevs it is his site. What is funny to me is the sheer lack of discipline of the trolls these days. I mean seriously to get into your troll as soon as you show up is such a rookie move.

I'd say the 2002 team was the best, woulda went undefeated but then Seneca Wallace stepped in, and we all know what happened after that.
I'd go along with the 2002 team being the best but the loss to Iowa St. had a lot more to do with Brad Banks thumb injury in the first half. He couldn't hold onto the ball in the second half. The buzz saw that team hit was a USC team that sent 17 players to the NFL. Luckily, I don't see anything close to 2002 USC in college football this year.

Latest posts