**** Umm...GAMEDAY THREAD ****

As long JVB is qb'n this team were gonna struggle he like a Kyle Mcann or Matt Sherman at best. Hell get every opportunity to succeed then were gonna have to live thru Derby when Ruddock should be starting. These two are gonna set Iowa back about 6 yrs.

Coker is getting decent yards at 3.7/run, but a lot of that is grinding it out after first contact. He's not making anybody miss, he's often getting hit right around the LOS.

In short: no burst, no playmaking ability, no real chance of really making something out of nothing.

what game r u watching? he is running sideways trying to avoid everyone. he wants to be a shonn Greene type runner so start running at people

Actually not criticizing him he's afraid to fumble..I get it. I think the coaches have put that stuff in his head. He is running like he's afraid to cough the ball up.

Pitt isn't a very good team and we are making them look great. If we don't pull this out at home in the 2nd, I really lament our season. I predicted 4 wins after last week and am looking more right as this game goes on.

I guess the bottomline is that we allll need to reset expectations although if you refer to other posts of mine I thought best case was 7-5 and that was if we started Big 10 play at 3-1. Now that it looks like 2-2 or 1-3 i'd say best case is 6-6 or 5-7. What a disappointment for McNutt. He shoulda gone to the NFL so he could've finished with a Bowl Win.

Overall the defense looks better than last week. Getting some penetration, better coverage and tackling. Blown coverage on the TD. Good gap coverage on the line for the most part.

Offense keeps tripping over their own mistakes. Vandy needs to calm down. Too many 3 n outs. Coker looking to break one but he still looks like he is missing a gear. The big difference so far is the penalties and Vandeburg's errant throws.

We might beat Indiana, Purdue, and ULM...so whoever said 4 wins is lookin pretty good right about now.

Overall the defense looks better than last week. Getting some penetration, better coverage and tackling. Blown coverage on the TD. Good gap coverage on the line for the most part.

Offense keeps tripping over their own mistakes. Vandy needs to calm down. Too many 3 n outs. Coker looking to break one but he still looks like he is missing a gear. The big difference so far is the penalties and Vandeburg's errant throws.

Agree 100%

Very disappointed in JV.

Give that man a prize! I think this is going to be our season summed up in 2 sentences.....really disappointing. Think this is going to effect the remainder of our recruiting efforts. I do. Kiss Jordan Diamond good bye. Kiss Garmon good bye. Kiss Darboh good bye unless ND keeps imploding or Brian Kelly does first. Once MSU beats them today his implosion will be complete.

I think the coaches have put that stuff in his head.

A thousand times this.

I'll say it again and again: the coaches castrate our players. Under them, it's far better to accomplish nothing than to make a mistake.

When was Stanzi at his best? Often after he made mistakes, because he simply went back out with the confidence to make plays.

And it's readily apparent that that kind of mentality is completely missing on this squad. No confidence, and they certainly aren't going to get any from a coaching staff who, under Ferentz, has no imagination whatsoever.

Michigan, MSU, and Nebby will all spank our *****. NW willl find a way to beat us and that leaves a shaky Minnesota team that we might be able to beat at home.

Why are they doing such a poor job blocking? If Pitt blitzes, it looks like literally nobody is blocking because they're not getting slowed down a bit. JVB needs to throw the ball a little more accurately, that McNutt endzone pass is a great example of how this season has been. Good intentions, terrible execution. Throw a little lower or a little earlier and it's 7 on the board (and 7 in the endzone, Hey-O! Get it? Because it was McNutt...). These penalties and TFL's are killlllllerrrrrrssss.

Get it together ya bums!

Every defensive stand for Iowa is huge because we can't make up a 14 point deficit. D plays lights out or we lose, its that simple.

Latest posts