Tyrese Hunter In The Portal

Why?? Freshman of the year in the conference, the sky was the limit for this kid at ISU..........I don't get this. Perhaps he wants to go back to Wisconsin?? I would rather he stayed in Ames than be a thorn in our side for Bucky..........

ISU was unable to match the NIL offers that he's getting from other places. That's it and that's all.

I mean this in all seriousness - Iowa will be putting together a big package for Aimaq if they end up landing him. You were going against TT, Arkansas, etc., and those schools don't play when it comes to NIL.
It'd make sense if so. He seems to be looking for a good fit on the floor too. Iowa should provide that as much as anyone so maybe he'd be willing to take less $ for that? Heck if I know but I'm with you he's not doing it for free either.

I mean this in all seriousness - Iowa will be putting together a big package for Aimaq if they end up landing him. You were going against TT, Arkansas, etc., and those schools don't play when it comes to NIL.
Zero chance that dude ends up at Iowa.

It'd make sense if so. He seems to be looking for a good fit on the floor too. Iowa should provide that as much as anyone so maybe he'd be willing to take less $ for that? Heck if I know but I'm with you he's not doing it for free either.

Honestly I have no idea. But you don't announce a transfer, and immediately have UK, Arkansas, and TT on your list without looking for a payday of some kind. For the record I have no problem with players doing it either.

Isn't he visiting sometime this week? I wasn't high on our chances till I'd heard that cause I figured why bother considering his list. But heck if I know I haven't kept up with it all that close

Isn't he visiting sometime this week? I wasn't high on our chances till I'd heard that cause I figured why bother considering his list. But heck if I know I haven't kept up with it all that close
He may be visiting, but ain’t no way Iowa is gonna pony up the cash that those other schools will.

If Kentucky or Arkansas wants this guy they’re gonna get him. And I wouldn’t blame him one bit. He’s obviously not an NBA-caliber player, why not try to start life out with some cash after college.

Not sure the best place to put this, but one of the college basketball Podcasts I listen to stated that AJ Green from UNI is looking at transferring to ISU. Which makes no sense to me. I could see him at Iowa more than ISU.

ISU was unable to match the NIL offers that he's getting from other places. That's it and that's all.
“Less than a month after saying “Iowa State will be back” following the Midwest Regional Sweet 16 loss against Miami, Hunter is transferring, presumably for better name, image and likeness financial opportunities.”

Des Moines Register / R. Peterson 12/18

I keep reading about NIL being THE reason for many departures and it well could be but I often see little to support that being the key reason. It certainly provides a believable presumption but players can leave for a variety of reasons which in some cases we likely will hear little about…….the portal offers an easy departure for many reasons.

Just bumping around the internet...TTech seems to be the frontrunner for his services. Not sure exactly what is going on in Lubbock, but they all of a sudden have become a player in both basketball and football.

Honestly I think it doesn't stay as crazy as it is right now. The #'s getting thrown around right now are absolutely crazy. It's a new thing now and people are throwing serious cash at it but I don't think it's sustainable. But yes, ISU needs to get organized and get in the game. I don't blame Hunter at all - his past is honestly tragic and I'm skeptical about him as a long term NBA prospect. He has the ability to cash in now and I think he should.

"Collective" is the word I keep hearing over and over again. Without doing the research, apparently 41 of the 65 power 5 schools have one....Iowa/ISU are currently "working on it".

IMO, you need a governing body to enforce/regulate this shit, until then, it will continue to be the wild, wild West.

"Collective" is the word I keep hearing over and over again. Without doing the research, apparently 41 of the 65 power 5 schools have one....Iowa/ISU are currently "working on it".

IMO, you need a governing body to enforce/regulate this shit, until then, it will continue to be the wild, wild West.
Gosh, isn't that what the NCAA is for? ;-)

The NCAA cronies shit in their own bed by not being willing to compromise for decades, now they can lie in it.

This could have easily been solved years ago by letting kids sign autographs for a few bucks, making a little cash from jersey sales, or allowing endorsements, etc. But nope…they’d yank your eligibility for having a YouTube channel…

The NCAA had unfettered greed making billions off kids and tried to sell their ruthlessness as “amateurism.” F ‘em. They’re getting their just desserts now and it’s hilarious. Go get your money and stick it up Mark Emmett’s ass sideways, kids.

45ECE47C-F29A-4EA3-ACCE-85363441B29E.jpeg

The NCAA cronies shit in their own bed by not being willing to compromise for decades, now they can lie in it.

This could have easily been solved years ago by letting kids sign autographs for a few bucks, making a little cash from jersey sales, or allowing endorsements, etc. But nope…they’d yank your eligibility for having a YouTube channel…

The NCAA had unfettered greed making billions off kids and tried to sell their ruthlessness as “amateurism.” F ‘em. They’re getting their just desserts now and it’s hilarious. Go get your money and stick it up Mark Emmett’s ass sideways, kids.

View attachment 8960

Yep, and then the NCAA went from 1 extreme to the other. College football and basketball will turn into the minor leagues for the NBA and NFL.