Tyrese Hunter In The Portal

Give this NIL a chance to really kick in and you may see the NCAA turn into a tiered minor league system similar to baseball.

And that is really a bad system to look forward to. We currently have basically a tiered system in top level ncaa football with the P5 power conferences as the top tier followed by the rest of the other 50-70 FBS? teams. Yet inside the P5 there are a top 10 'usual suspects' teams who are the ones mainly getting into the college football top 4 playoffs.

The hawks under Fry and Ferentz have had about 4 decent chances of being named national champs, 1985, 1990 or '91 or so, 2002, 2009, and 2015. Yet, they couldnt get over the last hurdle and win a few games they needed to.

I think Iowa will not use a Texas A&M level NIL system where the school gets into the business of setting up super millions of dollar funds to get high school recruits, portal transfers, and keep a player from going pro.

This tickles me... I'm not sure Iowa landing the Fardaws kid would make me happier than this. ISU fans getting their panties all up in a bunch over this is the greatest thing ever. They won't even acknowledge how ironic it is and how dumb & hypocritical they are to say what they are about it.

Give this NIL a chance to really kick in and you may see the NCAA turn into a tiered minor league system similar to baseball.

Honestly I think it doesn't stay as crazy as it is right now. The #'s getting thrown around right now are absolutely crazy. It's a new thing now and people are throwing serious cash at it but I don't think it's sustainable. But yes, ISU needs to get organized and get in the game. I don't blame Hunter at all - his past is honestly tragic and I'm skeptical about him as a long term NBA prospect. He has the ability to cash in now and I think he should.

This tickles me... I'm not sure Iowa landing the Fardaws kid would make me happier than this. ISU fans getting their panties all up in a bunch over this is the greatest thing ever. They won't even acknowledge how ironic it is and how dumb & hypocritical they are to say what they are about it.

I mean this in all seriousness - Iowa will be putting together a big package for Aimaq if they end up landing him. You were going against TT, Arkansas, etc., and those schools don't play when it comes to NIL.

Why?? Freshman of the year in the conference, the sky was the limit for this kid at ISU..........I don't get this. Perhaps he wants to go back to Wisconsin?? I would rather he stayed in Ames than be a thorn in our side for Bucky..........

It's not going to happen, but would be funny as hell if Hunter ended up on the Iowa roster. That place would absolutely implode.

I mean Iowa State had an unprecedented and unexpected year from where it was last spring at this time. The coach did a phenomenal job in fielding a competitive team and getting the players to buy into the system it had to last year.

All that momentum just came to a standstill. They just got knocked down three notches and need to fill the void of that skilled player. He was the future star of that program.

Latest posts