Tyler

oregonhawkeye

Can someone explain this one to me? Four weeks ago he was a beast. Recently he's acting bored, slow, disinterested. Missing easy shots, defending half heartedly, not going for the 50/50 stuff, not getting the important defensive boards.

I watch and wonder if he even likes basketball that much.

The team's fortunes revolve on this guy. Did he quit?

Iowa has played terrible for most of the games in the last month, and Bohannon has been the star of the team in the last couple of weeks. The season is dwindling down, and Cook probably won't be drafted. The guy is human. He has played pretty good though. He had ten rebounds against Ohio State. I wonder how he and the rest of the team would of done if IOwa had a quicker, more athletic point guard leading the charge.

Bohannon, Moss, Garza, and Cook all seem to go in these huge funks.

What drives me nuts is they dont go to Wieskamp more, especially when he's on fire like he was tonight. Dude took 6 shots, all 3's, and made 5 of them. Meanwhile Bohannon/Cook combined for 8-22 from the floor.....makes no sense at all.

Maybe Chris Fant has gotten into his head.

:D

The sad part is that Ryan Kriener was engaged last night, into the flow of the game. But when Wesson started to abuse him for a couple three point plays as the game was getting away from us Fran went back to Cook and you didn't see much Ryan the rest of the night.

When is the last time he almost made a shot? He's gotta be 0 for his last 30 without even coming close on most of them.

Correction. He made a huge turn around jumper late in one of the games. So 1 for his last 30. That 3 point shot was one of the worst I've ever seen.

I wish I went for 12 pts and 10 boards on my off nights. He turned it over a lot and yes doesn't seem to have a ton of effort for going for rebounds. For having the explosive leaping ability he has he doesn't seem to use it when rebounding.

Garza has been pretty bad. But statistics don’t do it for me personally. Sometimes the ball just lands in your lap for a rebound. Big deal. Cook was not good or impressive at all last night. The original post was spot on. His effort was weak. His emotion was non existent. I’ve never seen so many horrible bricks from 15 feet or an airball by 3 feet on a wide open 3 pointer. Yippee he scored 12 points. Dude basically played all game and fired up like 15 shots. Not to mention it feels like a miracle when he actually makes both free throws in a row. The guy can’t shoot.

I love Tyler and he is huge to this team. Last night was weak. Bring back the guy from Madison Square Garden who was pounding the floor with his hands on defense and had that look on his face like he was ready for war. He should come back next year. Everyone realizes it now. He probably won’t and that’s totally his decision, which won’t really bother me that much. But, next year could be really special if he came back. He will never play in the NBA.

A common denominator is that neither know how to manage (let alone capitalize) on the double team. Recent opponents have crashed down and both have failed to use it to create an easy three.

Garza has been pretty bad. But statistics don’t do it for me personally. Sometimes the ball just lands in your lap for a rebound. Big deal. Cook was not good or impressive at all last night. The original post was spot on. His effort was weak. His emotion was non existent. I’ve never seen so many horrible bricks from 15 feet or an airball by 3 feet on a wide open 3 pointer. Yippee he scored 12 points. Dude basically played all game and fired up like 15 shots. Not to mention it feels like a miracle when he actually makes both free throws in a row. The guy can’t shoot.

I love Tyler and he is huge to this team. Last night was weak. Bring back the guy from Madison Square Garden who was pounding the floor with his hands on defense and had that look on his face like he was ready for war. He should come back next year. Everyone realizes it now. He probably won’t and that’s totally his decision, which won’t really bother me that much. But, next year could be really special if he came back. He will never play in the NBA.

It's these kinds of inconsistent efforts that are Hallmarks of Franny teams. Takes nights off.

Love TC but it really is mind boggling that he thinks he is ready for the NBA with the most horrendous shot from beyond 5 feet I have ever seen. One would think the coaches would try to clue him in to reality.

It's these kinds of inconsistent efforts that are Hallmarks of Franny teams. Takes nights off.
Huh? Inconsistent efforts by players is a hallmark of Fran’s teams? I have yet to meet any person...in my entire life...that gives the exact same level of effort at all times.

I think the whole team, except Weiskamp, just didn’t show up. There was one OSU possession in the 2nd half where there was a long rebound. This was after OSU already had an offensive rebound in that possession. JBo and the other guard out there stood and watched as the OSU 285 pound center hustled our to get the ball.

It was clear to Bardo that one team wanted it more.

When Baer doesn’t hustle after loose balls and long rebounds, you know it is an off night.

I think that fact may have really been the kindling that got Fran’s fire burning so hot, to begin with, and then he just blew his stack when we get an offensive foul on one end, and a nearly identical play on the other end goes against us, as well. Plus it was on his kid and then Connor gets T’d up for his dismissive hand gesture. Weak sauce from the ref. That just put Franny over the boiling point.

It was almost comical watching Isaiah Moss out front in the zone in the second half. He went to the wrong guy and got turned around once. Another time, it was like he moved toward the FRee throw line instead of the top of the key. Both guys for OSU buried their 3. Again, we had a lot of guys going through the motions out there.

With Garza’s play lately cook is also going to take a hit, no Garza means teams put the post focus solely on cook. I know there is a ton of kriener supporters on here but he is not good any average coach scouting us sees this. Watch when kriener checks in they start picking on him he can’t guard any B1G post player

Latest posts