Tyler Sash Combine

I'd say he helped himself a little. He didn't go crazy or anything but of those classed as a safety he had the second fastest 40, highest vertical, and was up there in bench. Pretty balanced performance. I always thought he would be drafted, but late. Now he may go in 4th or 5th round instead of 6th or 7th. His hitch is going to be in coverage. If you're looking for a box safety, then he could be pretty good.

The significance of 40 time is so overrated at every position. The 40 time has done to football what the radar gun has done to baseball for pitchers.

Everyone is so obsessed with finding the guys that can light it up mid-90's, that the guys in the high-80's/low-90's ranges get overlooked. The high-80's/low-90's guys still end up bubbling to the top, but only after a given organization has burned through a half dozen 95+ candidates.

Sash came away from the combine rated the #3 SS in the draft. I would say he didn't hurt himself at all. He WILL be playing on sundays on a flat screen near you. Oh, on another note, Clayborn also improved his stock and is a solid 1st rounder. Ballard late 1st or early 2nd.

Sash came away from the combine rated the #3 SS in the draft. I would say he didn't hurt himself at all. He WILL be playing on sundays on a flat screen near you. Oh, on another note, Clayborn also improved his stock and is a solid 1st rounder. Ballard late 1st or early 2nd.

Where did you find rankings? Serious question, I haven't seen any good ones.

I agree. A safety won't make it long in the league taking heads off. You have to be able to wrap up. This isn't even a close comparison, but look at Bob Sanders. The guy made a name for himself laying people out. After a couple of years of doing that he's currently jobless. I hope the best for both of these guys, but Sash won't be able to make a living doing it this way. Polamalu is the same way. Hits like a truck but gets hurt a lot.

Sanders is/was one of the best at wrapping up a ball carrier.

Not to be negative on old Tyler, but he did 11 reps on the BP. I think that is the low for any player in the combine.

That is pathetic! I don't understand how any potential NFL player cannot do at least 15 reps. With that being said, Bench press is the MOST overrated exercise/drill at the combine. There is no correlation to on field production.

That is pathetic! I don't understand how any potential NFL player cannot do at least 15 reps. With that being said, Bench press is the MOST overrated exercise/drill at the combine. There is no correlation to on field production.

He's also had two shoulder surgeries since he enrolled at Iowa. I would guess that those injuries would have an effect on his bench performance.