Tyler Cook?

Fran gave the entire team the day off to recover from Gary Dolphins comments yesterday stay tuned for further updated news.

It’s a very tough situation to deal with, egos have been crushed and it’s time for us all to take a moment and cope in our own ways!! :cool:
If I was Gard, I'd make sure to tell Fran before the game that it was really fucked up what Dolph did. Get Fran thinking about it more so his nancy attitude affects his team.

Fran gave the entire team the day off to recover from Gary Dolphins comments yesterday stay tuned for further updated news.

It’s a very tough situation to deal with, egos have been crushed and it’s time for us all to take a moment and cope in our own ways!! :cool:

Pitt guards will be sending get well cards out to Fran and the Iowa players soon.
Yes, good to take a day off to get away from the mean (accurate) words of an Iowa announcer/fan. The poor little things have gone through so much, critical words, 9-11, smart phones that don't always have a signal, and limited data plans. Get some rest guys, and try to get back to the fight tomorrow, perhaps someone will recharge your data, for free of course.

Coulda been the angle, but I saw an elbow above the left eye. They looked at the monitor to see if it was a flagrant one b/c it was above the shoulders. We'll see if he has a knot or bruise there tomorrow and what the official university statement is.

That is exactly right. His head did not snap back by itself. I saw it during the game from the stands as did the people sitting around me, I watched my dvr of the game, ran it back three times. Of course the usual trolls had to find something to be critical of Iowa athletes, so they just make stuff up. These jokers are apparently mind readers.

My wife would have laughed off such a "hit" in his face and head...it was a flop, plain and simple. Nothing on the monitor to call, back from the locker room in 30 seconds, on the ground for two full plays, just stop, be a man.
Dolph: is that the best wife he could recruit? Can’t he get a real woman instead of a cross-dresser?

Yes, good to take a day off to get away from the mean (accurate) words of an Iowa announcer/fan. The poor little things have gone through so much, critical words, 9-11, smart phones that don't always have a signal, and limited data plans. Get some rest guys, and try to get back to the fight tomorrow, perhaps someone will recharge your data, for free of course.

Boy. You and tk are such big brave guys and fully qualified to diss Big Ten scholarship athletes, especially when you pretend to be Iowa fans. Apparently you have no idea what it takes to compete at this level. The good news is that most of the posters here are on to your scams and just laugh at your nonsense. REV: In case you were confused, these comments were meant for you.

Tyler was frustrated last night. He never got hit and flopped. Replays show that. Officials took a quick look. Play on. Tyler was in the locker room for like 30 seconds like the previous poster pointed out.

He also overreacted when the Pitt players surrounded him and went for the ball. I felt emabarrassed for him. He will get bitch-slapped If he thinks he is going play like at the next level.

And will he play at the next level? I doubt it. I believe he got frustrated last night because he has no game really. He couldn't do anything when he had the ball at the top of the key. They laid off him. Why? Because he has NO MIDRANGE JUMPER.
I don't watch much of the D-league, but what I have seen is lots of guys who could dunk the ball. And most of them shoot the 3 as well as drive. Unless Tyler upgrades his game a lot he'll be playing in Turkey or France.

Boy. You and tk are such big brave guys and fully qualified to diss Big Ten scholarship athletes, especially when you pretend to be Iowa fans. Apparently you have no idea what it takes to compete at this level. The good news is that most of the posters here are on to your scams and just laugh at your nonsense. REV: In case you were confused, these comments were meant for you.
Thanks, better.

Coulda been the angle, but I saw an elbow above the left eye. They looked at the monitor to see if it was a flagrant one b/c it was above the shoulders. We'll see if he has a knot or bruise there tomorrow and what the official university statement is.

What I wondered is how can they look at the monitor to see if it was a flagrant, when it wasn't even a called foul? Since when can you go to the replay to call a foul or not?

That is exactly right. His head did not snap back by itself. I saw it during the game from the stands as did the people sitting around me, I watched my dvr of the game, ran it back three times. Of course the usual trolls had to find something to be critical of Iowa athletes, so they just make stuff up. These jokers are apparently mind readers.

Wow, so you saw it from the stands and had a better look than the officials on the floor and even after watching the monitor? All the replays I saw during the game never not showed space between Tyler's face and a Pitt player's extremity. But show some video and prove us wrong. Tyler was frustrated. Pitt defended him well. Tyler would get the ball and the rest of the team would stand around waiting for him to go one-on-one to the basket but it never happened. With his hops he should be able to stop and pop but he he just doesn't have that game. Fact.

Tyler's lack of game is not just on Tyler but the coaching staff as well. He doesn't even rebound all that well. Reggie Evans played in the NBA because he was a freak on the boards.

Fran and his staff don't have a great record of developing players. Fran is entering his 9th season here and only two of his players have had a cup of coffee in the NBA. Marble and Uthoff played in a combined 53 games in the NBA.

I do like Garza's game and work ethic. His lack of foot speed is what is going to hurt him and that is why Fran sat him for like the final ten. He was forced to go with a quicker lineup.

And as Weiskamp gains more confidence I believe you will see him slash more to the basket. He has a chance to be really good.

What I wondered is how can they look at the monitor to see if it was a flagrant, when it wasn't even a called foul? Since when can you go to the replay to call a foul or not?
My understanding is they can't voluntarily use the monitor for judgement calls like whether a common foul was committed, but they can if it might have been a Flagrant 2.

Also, I believe a coach at any time, can request they go to the monitor to see if a Flagrant 1 or 2 occurred, but if determined not the case that coach/team loses a timeout. ??

Also regarding his head snapping back, athletes in contact sports on occasion recoil when they anticipate contact. Doesn't mean there was actual contact. Tyler was pretty amped up that night.

My take on Cook is that his effort and leadership skills appear to be better than last year but his ability to shoot hasn't improved much and that's what's going to prevent him from playing in the Association.

Fran and his staff don't have a great record of developing players. Fran is entering his 9th season here and only two of his players have had a cup of coffee in the NBA. Marble and Uthoff played in a combined 53 games in the NBA.
This is so stupid I don’t even know where to begin.

Dev Marble wasn’t even a nationally ranked recruit and ended as a 1st Team All B1G player and NBA Draft Pick

Aaron White wasn’t ranked nationally and ended as a 1st Team All B1G player and NBA Draft Pick.

Uthoff was ranked 149 nationally and ended as a 2nd Team All-American

Peter Jok was not ranked nationally and ended as a 1st Team All B1G player.

Did you know Bo Ryan was at UW and they went to the dance 18 consecutive years they rarely ever put guys into the NBA? Would you then conclude he’s not good at developing player as well?

If you think Iowa is going to be an NBA factory you are about as clueless as they come. Fran’s job is to coach good college players and win games, so far the results are mixed at best. He has developed a few lowly rated players into very good college players though.

Last edited:
My understanding is they can't voluntarily use the monitor for judgement calls like whether a common foul was committed, but they can if it might have been a Flagrant 2.

Also, I believe a coach at any time, can request they go to the monitor to see if a Flagrant 1 or 2 occurred, but if determined not the case that coach/team loses a timeout. ??

Also regarding his head snapping back, athletes in contact sports on occasion recoil when they anticipate contact. Doesn't mean there was actual contact. Tyler was pretty amped up that night.

Right. But how can you decide between flagrant 1 or 2...when it wasn't even a foul? By definition...it then couldn't be either one.

Sorry my brain isn't big enough to understand these rules. I would have made a lousy ref.

Re the 1 vs 2 involving coaches request maybe only if common foul first called...??

Wow, so you saw it from the stands and had a better look than the officials on the floor and even after watching the monitor? All the replays I saw during the game never not showed space between Tyler's face and a Pitt player's extremity. But show some video and prove us wrong. Tyler was frustrated. Pitt defended him well. Tyler would get the ball and the rest of the team would stand around waiting for him to go one-on-one to the basket but it never happened. With his hops he should be able to stop and pop but he he just doesn't have that game. Fact.

Tyler's lack of game is not just on Tyler but the coaching staff as well. He doesn't even rebound all that well. Reggie Evans played in the NBA because he was a freak on the boards.

I do like Garza's game and work ethic. His lack of foot speed is what is going to hurt him and that is why Fran sat him for like the final ten. He was forced to go with a quicker lineup.

I still disagree with you about the contact. However, yes, TC was frustrated. He said that post game. You are right that TC does not have an outside shot. I agree that his rebounding is not outstanding, but his stats are pretty good. I also think as a rim protector, he has the ability, size and strength, but is not performing well in that area. I would add that I have never thought TC would make it in the NBA...does not have a thing to do with coaching, however.
I hope he does get a shot at the NBA, but I think his future, like many, is in Europe. Go there, make 6 figures, have fun, see the world, then come home and start a career.

I don't watch much of the D-league, but what I have seen is lots of guys who could dunk the ball. And most of them shoot the 3 as well as drive. Unless Tyler upgrades his game a lot he'll be playing in Turkey or France.
More money to be made overseas than in the G league anyway.