tyler cook

...will not play in the NBA. At this point he's a great dunker, and that's about it. Poor rebounder, poor decision-making, out of control most of the time when making a move, absolutely zero game outside of 5ft, and poor defender.
nutshell-clipart-Nutshell.gif

It was obvious they were using Cook to draw the double team which is why Pemsl and others got some open looks. The refs were calling a lot of charges which made Tyler hesitate. I thought the fact that Tyler was following the game plan instead of going 1 on 5 was a sign of maturity. I am disappointed he and Pemsl haven't developed a jump shot but that's what he's working on. Tyler cook is not the problem.

I like Tyler being the bait to draw defenders to him. It did open the middle for others.....

The refs in the second half took the Hawks completely out of the game. There was about a ten-minute stretch where they called a foul on the Hawks on offense and defense, every time. It was painful to watch. Couple that with the unforced turnovers and the occasional free throws missed, you do not have a chance of winning the game.....

Hilton fans are among the most volatile on the planet, about as rabid as European and Third World soccer fans. The referees are definitely intimidated by this attitude. They fans react, quite loudly, to every call not in their favor. Nothing wrong with this. Wish he had the same fervor at Carver.....

Watching the game live, I was impressed by Tyler's assists in the first half and his rebounding, but, on the rewatch, his turnovers and all-around floor play were not good. It was an off night for him. Didn't seem to be comfortable most of the game.....

Tyler Cook is a stud with off the chart potential. I would love to have Cook, Pensi, or the new kid Jack Nunge on the Cyclone squad. In fact this Hawk team is loaded with talent less a bit short at guard. It's definitely not the players. Hate to bust the bubble but all roads lead back to Rome..........and that's your coach. Just say'n.

Tyler Cook is a stud with off the chart potential. I would love to have Cook, Pensi, or the new kid Jack Nunge on the Cyclone squad. In fact this Hawk team is loaded with talent less a bit short at guard. It's definitely not the players. Hate to bust the bubble but all roads lead back to Rome..........and that's your coach. Just say'n.
nothing most of us haven't realized sadly. Fran is a good recruiter but doesn't think you need a true PG to win at the power 5 level. This year he is getting shot in the face by a bullet with "reality" carved on the side of it.

CLEARLY back in the NBA discussion after this game, huh?
Can't wait to see Garza and Co. continue to develop.
Garza at this rate will be gone after Junior season?

Cook hit a nice baseline jumper today. That is coming along. The defense, ugh. This entire team struggles on defense.
Wish they could just shore that up a little. Listening to Crean talk about it was interesting. He said how Iowa kids are over reacting to every fake/move a ball handler makes. It gets them out of position and then often time the help collapses to the point of leaving an open shooter. It doesn't look like that's just a JBo thing either it's most of them...

Wish they could just shore that up a little. Listening to Crean talk about it was interesting. He said how Iowa kids are over reacting to every fake/move a ball handler makes. It gets them out of position and then often time the help collapses to the point of leaving an open shooter. It doesn't look like that's just a JBo thing either it's most of them...

Totally agree. I loved how Crean talked about Beilein emphasizing the hesitation dribble in the morning shootaround and how Iowa defenders were susceptible to that move. Those are small details you don't hear much about that shows how coaching can really matter at a micro level.

Latest posts