Tyler Cook Says Decision to be Made About Future

Cook's heart not in it...

Others will rise, with zero pressure, with him gone...it will be difficult to be as bad next year as they were this year...even if they would try to be that bad...

I hope Iowa rises from the rubble...but I am not going to spend a lot of energy thinking about it...or hoping for it...

I like to be pleasantly surprised...

Sounds like your hearts the one not in it. The kid has given his all since he's gotten here and has improved. Brings high energy every game. Kid has heart. Not surprising you wouldn't hope they turn it around.

I hope it is turned around...sad to see a program that once fought for top 20 positioning has turned into a "shall we score 90 or 100 on them today" team...

Was that what you said? "Pretty obvious Cook is going to Missouri..." Waiting for your update!
He couldn’t then. Watching ISU getting rolled by OK. I wonder if he’s traveling to Hilton South this year?

And won’t today. Because 5656.

Agreed. Amile Jefferson (Duke) plays for the Iowa Wolves (G League team for the Minnesota Timberwolves). Undrafted. He is 6 foot 9 and averages 35 minutes/game. He averages 17.8 points/12.8 rebounds a game. He is 1-5 from three on the season. His last season at Duke he averaged 10.9 points/8.4 rebounds per game in 30 minutes. I think Cook compares to Jefferson. There are a bunch of dudes like Cook in the G League.
Cook will earn 6 figures playing basketball over seas. That's his best option if he doesn't come back.

My best internet guess is that he will return, now that he's tweeted he's not going to Mizzou. He comes back a big time, Reggie Evans-type rebounder, and NBA teams will notice.

My best internet guess is that he will return, now that he's tweeted he's not going to Mizzou. He comes back a big time, Reggie Evans-type rebounder, and NBA teams will notice.
Tyler is not a brute. He relies on extreme athleticism. He gets pushed around some due to his body build. He is Tyler. He is not Reggie.

Tyler is not a brute. He relies on extreme athleticism. He gets pushed around some due to his body build. He is Tyler. He is not Reggie.
I agree who he is now. I do disagree that he couldn't become more like Reggie. Reggie is 6'8" 250. Tyler is 6'9" 255. When Reggie got here, he was a junior, another year developed. If Tyler wants a shot at the NBA, he'll need to become more like Reggie. Athletic guys at 6'9" who aren't great rebounders and have questionable ball handling/outside shooting skills are a dime for 5 dozen as far as the NBA is concerned. That's my case for him coming back to Iowa - develop into a NBA prospect. Or don't, it's up to him.

Cook will earn 6 figures playing basketball over seas. That's his best option if he doesn't come back.

Agreed. Overseas is his best option to earn money. I was just pointing out to those people who think Cook doesn't fit into the G League. He would be fine there, but would not make the NBA with his current game.

Sounds like your hearts the one not in it. The kid has given his all since he's gotten here and has improved. Brings high energy every game. Kid has heart. Not surprising you wouldn't hope they turn it around.
I really haven't seen anything to indicate his heart isn't in it. Maybe it's not in it on the defensive end but, coach doesn't care about that end.

If Cook isn't "into it" at Iowa...that cancerous thinking bleeds into the team...and makes sense. He needs to be gone...get some players who want to play, who won't infect the others. What is there to lose with this hideous season as evidence. Go to Missouri...now...
Why would ANYONE who came to Iowa thinking that Fran had something going here at Iowa only to watch it burn to the ground with bad coaching and bad play blame a kid who might want to play in the NCAA. If he goes to Mizzou he plays in the dance his last 2 years. If he stays at Iowa it's doubtful he goes anywhere but home after a first or second round Big Ten Tourney loss.

I don't blame Cook for leaving...if he does...but I don't think he has improved that much, and, honestly, I don't think his "presence" has been good for the team... Players that don't want to be "there"...even talented ones, bring a team down...and teach the others to lose...

I have no problem with this. He can get some feedback/input and get better next year...which is good for us. I hope someone tells him that with his hops he should be an elite rim protector.

Latest posts