Two underappreciated Hawks players

glidinghawk

Mike Gesell and Zack McCabe. They are absolute workhorses. Team players. Fearless. Glue for the team.

McCaffery loves them, and so do I.

BTW... when I type Gesell, auto correct fills in Gesellschaft. What the heck is a Gesellschaft? LOL

Mike just plays with so much poise and it helped, especially when Minnesota pressed us (pretty much all game.) Zach does some good things. Worst case, he wears out opposing post players because he is strong and plays hard, best case, he knocks down some threes and works his way into the post for some close baskets.

The 5 second call that Gessell caused to get us the ball back for the Oglesby 3 to end the 1st half was huge! Carver was rocking and the fans definitely helped with the end of the 1st half. Gonna be a hard place for teams to play if we can keep the fans engaged like they were today!

Gesell plays like a senior point guard. He's only a sophmore.

It was just 4 or 5 games ago that he struggled for a couple of games. Now he's lights out. The same reason guys like McCabe, Clemmons, Oglesby, etc. have to get a few minutes a game even if they struggle. It's just a bump in the road. Gesell was outstanding today. Overall a complete "Team" win IMO.

We need it with Woodbury. I know he does some things on defense but how does a guy that big not get a single point? With our shooting this game he should of had plenty of chances down low.

Mike Gesell and Zack McCabe. They are absolute workhorses. Team players. Fearless. Glue for the team.

McCaffery loves them, and so do I.
I highly doubt that Gesell is underappreciated (or underestimated) by other coaches in the league. FIve assists and only 1 turnover against Minny's pressing defense is very strong.

BTW... when I type Gesell, auto correct fills in Gesellschaft. What the heck is a Gesellschaft? LOL

It's a German word. Basically, it's a social relationship forged through impersonal ties (like people sharing a sense of duty).

I have been giving props to Gesell since early last year, not patting myself on my back but go look at the threads I have started. MG is quick, a smart player, really sets up his teammates with angles, etc, decent defender and surprising rebounder , I thought MG's AAU and high school tape looked great.

He often outrebounds woodbury because he is smart and uses his body.

The missed dunk by Woody is his most worrisome play as a Hawk: it tells me he is listening to his critics; going for a dunk is not part of his game, nor should it be since he isn't physically capable of exploding to the rim.
He makes that lay in and his game totally changes today. Be who you are, Big Fella!!

The missed dunk by Woody is his most worrisome play as a Hawk: it tells me he is listening to his critics; going for a dunk is not part of his game, nor should it be since he isn't physically capable of exploding to the rim.
He makes that lay in and his game totally changes today. Be who you are, Big Fella!!

This was exactly what I thought after that play.

But he almost had it!

Latest posts