two things I would like to see next week

BSpringsteen

Besides a Hawkeye win...

I'd like to see both Canzeri and Johnson get a series in each half. Johnson came in with quite a bit of fanfare and he looked pretty good in the three caries yesterday.

I'd like to see the defense figure out a way to not allow IU's #1 receiver (if they have one) to line up against a LB for us. It's one thing to have those mismatches as the nature of our defense, it's another to allow the O to dictate that mismatch.

The D might still be tired next week, it'd be nice to dominate TOP next week.

Besides a Hawkeye win...

I'd like to see both Canzeri and Johnson get a series in each half. Johnson came in with quite a bit of fanfare and he looked pretty good in the three caries yesterday.

I'd like to see the defense figure out a way to not allow IU's #1 receiver (if they have one) to line up against a LB for us. It's one thing to have those mismatches as the nature of our defense, it's another to allow the O to dictate that mismatch.

The D might still be tired next week, it'd be nice to dominate TOP next week.

Damarlo Belcher. You may remember him from his dropped pass in the end zone that prevented them from winning last year.

I'm sure he'll get a lot of catches. He averages 11 yards/catch right now, so if we knock that down to 7 or 8 (as we did with Ebert), we'll be fine.

Indiana cannot stop the run, so I don't think it will be a day to sling the ball around the yard. Coker, Coker, Coker, play action. Rinse and repeat.

Canzeri was out against Northwestern with a hamstring injury. Hopefully, it improves enough this week for him to at least return kicks against Indiana.

#1. The defense continuing to improve.
#2. Continued ability to run the ball and hit the big play when it's there (just like last night), control the clock and put points on the board.

I want to see us commit to the run game. That is truly how how our offense has been and will be successful going forward and how we took over the game last night. Running the ball opens up the pass game and is what this team is truly built for.

Scratch where it itches.
And yes, some carries by Johnson would be good to see,just to ease some of the pounding on Marcus. We need Marcus to have fresh legs vs MSU and the last stretch of our schedule.

I would just like to see some of our injured guys back on the field.
Love to see our d-line put good pressure on their young qbs,and get some sacks.
I thought they did a better job last nite of that last nite.
In the end, all I really need from the IU game is a win,please.
Cuz you can't always get what you want,but sometimes,you get what you need.

Belcher left the Wisky game with some sort of injury. Not sure how. Serious it is.

Coker played pretty well but he is still slow to the hole. That run that Johnson picked up about 8 he made a guy miss in the hole or he would have gotten 2 yards. Coker would have gotten 2-3 yards on the same play. I still don't think we have a playmaker in our backfield right now (playing, that is).

If Belcher currently averages 11 catches a game. He will probably have a minimum of 15 against our D.

We need to integrate the other backs in the lineup. It is only a matter of time before Coker gets a chick pregnant or goes on a coke binge and has to leave just like the rest of our tail backs.

I want us to come out and smack them in the mouth right away and put them down by halftime.....I dont want one of those 14-10 type games that we let an inferior team hang around all day long just asking for trouble

I would simply like to see us match the effort we put in against NW. Last year, it seemed like we would follow a great effort with a very mediocre one, where the team seemed flat and unemotional. I know it is difficult for a college team to be "up" week after week, but this is a big game for us against a team we should be able to beat. When you are trying to get to 6 or 7 wins and play in the post-season, this is the type of game (at home) that you must win.

Hey, Olive. We didn't hold Ebert down. He had 13 receptions which was a career high. Not exactly keeping him in check.

Hey, Olive. We didn't hold Ebert down. He had 13 receptions which was a career high. Not exactly keeping him in check.

8 yards per catch is a pretty terrible number. This is a guy who averaged 15 yards/catch last year. He didn't have a single game-breaking play. Keenan did so much more that affected the game with 5 catches than Ebert did with 13.

I don't care if Belcher catches 20 balls. If we keep him around 7/8 yards per catch we're going to be in good shape.

I would like to see our defense stop a team on 3rd and long or 3rd down period.

I would like to see our offense make a 3rd down play...

8 yards per catch is a pretty terrible number. This is a guy who averaged 15 yards/catch last year. He didn't have a single game-breaking play. Keenan did so much more that affected the game with 5 catches than Ebert did with 13.

I don't care if Belcher catches 20 balls. If we keep him around 7/8 yards per catch we're going to be in good shape.

7/8 yards a catch is exactly what Iowas defense allows....just behind the LB's as we dont change it up much and NW plays that better than any team against us. One less bad throw from Persa and a missed FG by NW and that game is tied late I bet

#1. The defense continuing to improve.
#2. Continued ability to run the ball and hit the big play when it's there (just like last night), control the clock and put points on the board.

This. ^

Put points on the board early. Get lead so 2nd string/younger players can get some quality reps late in game. May need them if someone goes down later in season. Also gives 1st string players some rest for final stretch run of season.

.... same game plan against Minnesota :)

Latest posts