Two scenarios from Hell

The first is we finish out the year 10th or 11th in the Big Ten as predicted before dwindling crowds and miss post season play again. Our best player Cook leaves for the NBA minor league or Spain at year end and Baer who has been a good player as a walkon graduates. We bring in a 6'10" 150lb McCaffrey and a gritty guard who apparently is at least quicker than current players and we take a step back.
The second scenario is the same as the first except McCaffrey is gone and takes his family with him. In which case you have to look back at Lick teams or maybe even Dick Schultz to find an Iowa team with less talent

Someone please tell me there is another scenario that is at least possible

Cook leaves for the NBA, McCaffery leaves and takes his kids with him, and Iowa hires a coach that knows how to utilize the talent. I think Iowa has some talented players that would thrive under the right system. The Michigan State game kind of showed that when you want to run with less athletic players its possible they will tear you up. I think Iowa has players that are as skilled as Michigan State, and under the right system the game would of been a lot closer.

Gotta have a little patience here. Fran's ONLY 'bad' year was last year. For crying out loud, we were up to #14 this year. We KNEW that was way too high. But we are at least a top 60 team. Let's let this year play out. More talent is coming, plus a few red-shirts will be back.

TC will make more money playing for back water Europe teams, than he will with a starter job with a college degree. At least twice as much. He can do that and finish his degree on line, while he gets paid to play basketball. How is this a bad decision?

I think you're significantly overestimating what role players on lower level European teams get paid.

Gotta have a little patience here. Fran's ONLY 'bad' year was last year. For crying out loud, we were up to #14 this year. We KNEW that was way too high. But we are at least a top 60 team. Let's let this year play out. More talent is coming, plus a few red-shirts will be back.
His first 2 teams were bad. His 7th and 8 teams were bad. If this team ends up being bad, that'll mean that the majority (5 of 9) of his teams were bad.
No more patience for Fran ball. It doesn't take 9 years. Or 10 years. Or 11 years.

His first 2 teams were bad. His 7th and 8 teams were bad. If this team ends up being bad, that'll mean that the majority (5 of 9) of his teams were bad.
No more patience for Fran ball. It doesn't take 9 years. Or 10 years. Or 11 years.

This is the correct take with Fran. A coach at a power 5 school should not take 9 years to build a winning program. I’d call a winning program a team who makes the tournament 2 of 3 years.