Two scenarios from Hell

Iowa athletics focuses on building citizens.

Iowa athletics focuses on young men and women getting a degree.

Iowa athletics focuses on teaching our youth the blessings of being part of a team.

That is the win/win/win scenario that losing programs most often tout as their philosophy.

This is why you don't give a coach 8 years, 9 years, 10 years for mediocre results. Not if you're serious about winning. Gutless Gary is not serious about winning and that much should be painfully obvious to everyone.

We are so good at it here at Iowa that we did it with two head coaches.

Iowa athletics focuses on building citizens.

Iowa athletics focuses on young men and women getting a degree.

Iowa athletics focuses on teaching our youth the blessings of being part of a team.

That is the win/win/win scenario that losing programs most often tout as their philosophy.
And as long as the $ continue to pour in from ticket sales, donations, and B1G revenue - Bruce Harreld looks across the river and views a black ledger.

Our University (athletes coaches) stay out of the paper, gets a few wins for its peasant fans, and has The Wave.

The UI AD or Admin could give a shit about the fans or winning championships.

Patrick won't see the floor. I don't care how many gold star stickers Rivals gives him. People have said for the past 3 years, "Just wait and maybe (probably) he'll put on weight..."

It hasn't happened and it isn't going to. It's not his fault, but people just don't put mass on after radiation. Someone with his frame will get leveled in the Big Ten. Hell, Garza even gets pushed around and he has 70 pounds on him. Those big dunks and blocks he gets on AAU kids? Not gonna happen against a 245 lb Nick Ward.

P6 basketball is not bean pole AAU, guys. That's where Fran has gone wrong with his recruiting IMO. He has exactly one player out of 9 with some physicality in a league that depends on it.

Big tall white guys who can’t jump or block shots, slow guards that can’t penetrate, defend, or create their own shots combined with a YMCA type of offense. It’s sad to watch other teams set up plays and pass the ball around in and out then back in to the post player for an easy lay up or slam. Our version is a lucky bounce on a brick shot that clangs off the rim to an player who just happens to be standing open near the basket. :(.

Of course the season is still young and adjustments can be made to improve play. It better happen soon or this could snowball just like it did last year.

Last edited:
And as long as the $ continue to pour in from ticket sales, donations, and B1G revenue - Bruce Harreld looks across the river and views a black ledger.

Our University (athletes coaches) stay out of the paper, gets a few wins for its peasant fans, and has The Wave.

Yep, that pretty well sums it up.

Big tall white guys who can’t jump or block shots, slow guards that can’t penetrate, defend, or create their own shots combined with a YMCA type of offense. It’s sad to watch other teams set up plays and pass the ball around in and out then back in to the post player for an easy lay up or slam. Our version is a lucky bounce on a brick shot that clangs off the rim to an player who just happens to be standing open near the basket. :(.

Of course the season is still young and adjustments can be made to improve play. It better happen soon or this could snowball just like it did last.
9481e901af58d3e1c355820bcabf9a16.jpg

Winning programs have leaders who want to win, strive to win, expect to win. We could use some of that. As long as "The Brotherhood" is protected with cash, nothing will change.

Of course the season is still young and adjustments can be made to improve play. It better happen soon or this could snowball just like it did last.

I know Wisconsin's offense looked like poetry in motion at times the way they passed and spaced their players. Our offense has no rhyme or reason on the other hand. Chuck up a quick shot at times, try to dump it inside once in awhile...

TC will make more money playing for back water Europe teams, than he will with a starter job with a college degree. At least twice as much. He can do that and finish his degree on line, while he gets paid to play basketball. How is this a bad decision?

You really think that dude is in college to get a degree?

Two locks: Cook will never play a second in the NBA, and he'll never possess a degree from the University of Iowa.

I know Wisconsin's offense looked like poetry in motion at times the way they passed and spaced their players. Our offense has no rhyme or reason on the other hand. Chuck up a quick shot at times, try to dump it inside once in awhile...

It is frustrating, spacing and ball movement could cure many ills.....

Lol, that’s why I call it YMCA.

You really think that dude is in college to get a degree?

Two locks: Cook will never play a second in the NBA, and he'll never possess a degree from the University of Iowa.
I don't think TC is stupid. I think it's very likely that he will possess a degree from the U of I.